MY PSORIASIS GONE AFTER 40 YEARS

Posted Sun 16 Dec 2012 20.23 by itworkedforme
yes

YES ITS GONE, SO I JUST JOINED THIS SITE TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW HOW IV TRIED EVERYTHING OVER THE YEARS AND SPENT A LOT OF MONEY! I READ A MOTHER TALKING ABOUT HOW A WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE DIET CLEARED HER AND HER CHILDS PSORIASIS COMPLETELY. SO I HAVE GONE WITHOUT WHEAT AND GLUTEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE FOR TWO WEEKS NOW , AND MY PSORIASIS HAS NOW ALL BUT GONE,(JUST A FEW FAINT BITS LEFT NOW AND GETTING FAINTER!! AFTER JUST TWO WEEKS!!! TRY IT YOURSELF, THE SUPERMARKETS NOW STOCK A GOOD RANGE OF WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE PRODUCTS.MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERY THING THOUGH, EVEN NORMAL GRAVY HAS WHEAT AND GLUTEN IN IT

Posted Sat 5 Jan 2013 21.43 by DianaP54
I have had psoriasis for 5 years, and am struggling to control it and find it very hard to manage. It is very sore on my elbows and bottom a

on going to try it will let you know how I get on.Have often thought food may play a part in how the skin behaves.take care everyone.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 2013 03.22 by peetheoff

Hi all I'm also going to try this, so far I've gone 5 days..... admititedly with a few slip ups (nothing major just a cake and some gravy) and i've noticed its not reducing it but the flakes aren't coming back as quick, I have very servere p though so uit may take a while, also every 3rd day I'm having a bath with 250g of dead sea salt. Anyone else going to give it a try? Warning shopping can be a pain! will post an update next week

1 Posted Mon 25 Feb 2013 10.58 by peetheoff (edited Mon 18 Mar 2013 22.23 by Christietav)

Hia again just incase anyone does read this in the future, still no dramatic change im starting to see tiny patches of normal coloured skin in some of my big patches of P which I' hoping is just the start! Ive been really strict with this diet this week (only having salads, stir frys, BIRDS EYE waffles, sweadish meat balls (they use potoato flour not rgular) mixed nuts etc (still cant find anything good for breakfast yet though :/) Warning thought, i've noticed that my P has started to get abit itchyer so I've splashed out on some half price E45 (red one) lotion. Hoping this isn't the end, still a slow process so its not really noticeable right now, but I do have very severe P. The small tiny patches don't seem to have been afected yet, (I'm pretending its like an epic battle for my skin and its focus is the big patches first haha). So my plan this week is to stick to the no wheat and wheat guten diet and maybe go the gym once? maybe twice? aperantly its meant to be benifical. N.B when i say Itchy i mean ITCHY please dont do what i did and try not to use moistuiser at all, I was almost bringing me to tears when I was just doing my day to day stuff. P.S I seem to be flaking alot less and in smaller flakes, I hope thats a good thing!

Posted Mon 4 Mar 2013 04.14 by peetheoff (edited Mon 18 Mar 2013 22.23 by Christietav)

Hi all again! So its week..... whatever and to be honest it seems like whatever effect the diet has on my body is sadly slowing down, BUT i have not felt itchy all week! Only realised it last night. My P seems to have slowed down quiet alot but the redness and flaking is still happening, im hoping that this is mearly a turening into a long term effect (keep on the positive side eh?) Important news though if anyone tries this diet.... YOU CAN EAT CRUNCHY NUT CORNFLAKES!!!!! yesssss at last I've found something suitable and different for breakfast (just to clarifiy regular cornflakes have a disclaimer saying wheat may be in that product but its not on the crunchy nut ones!)... Honesty that all I ahve to report this week, hopefully I'll ahve better news next week!

2 Posted Sun 10 Mar 2013 04.11 by peetheoff (edited Tue 19 Mar 2013 06.08 by Christietav)

Hi all again This weeks update; not much to tell really, eggs have become my friend this week diet wise, quite versitile so if your on this diet keep a stock in. This week again it seems the effect of the diet has slowed down, BUT im noticing improvment, my bigger patches are almost separating from each other and more normal skin colour is showing in the centre of them (just means the outside is itchy!) my small patches ive noticed are begining to have a little effect (and the noticable itching like before has started on them) and even my face seems to be redish but smooth. The only weird thing to report is the P on my legs has gone purple? :S anyone ever experienced this? Doesn't really bother me but it is unsusal. Good luck all!

Posted Sat 6 Apr 2013 15.01 by izzy wizzy (edited Thu 1 Aug 2013 09.52 by Mlallsop)

Keep posting your updates peetheoff - sounds as if the diet is going in the right direction - good luck.

Posted Fri 19 Apr 2013 02.54 by peetheoff (edited Sat 5 Oct 2013 15.05 by Christietav)

Hi all again. Sorry for the VERY long time since I last posted. I think the diet has reached its pinicle point... sorry to dissapoint you all (anyone who reads this in the future). My P has dramtically slowed down on this diet and seems to calm down quite abit, but the intial fading of my P has not happened again. BUT it hasn't returned where it has disappeared. I have to admit I have not been to the gym in months, which as strange as it sounds could of possibly contributed to the effectiveness of the diet. Update food wise this week - Jacket potatos are really the only thing safe to eat when eating out, in like a pub or regular restaurant setting, howveer if its a special occasion I'd go with Nandos - (sorry to sound like a marketing scheme) but the menu is very wheat and gluten free friendly - and take aways, dont bother, not only is it difficult to find and rely on wheat/gluten free products, but when you have been on this diet for a while I know my stomach could not handle the sheer amount of grease in some of the food (I actually felt sick for about 3 hours after eating) My plan for this week and next is to start the gym again just for say two, 1 hour visits and see if the improvement comes back! Cheers for the encouragement Izzy! :) I will carry on, if you have any Qs please feel free to ask!

Posted Mon 7 Sep 2015 07.16 by dougie
i have it all over my body

hi all diet IS the answer i have given up eating wheat altogether if it has wheat i aviod it also i have given up cows milk and use almond milk which lasts longer as far as im concerned cows milk is for cows i also have a nutri bullet and have a healthy smoothie most days which include fruits of the forest,spinach and carrot with other fruits including banana you can buy frozen fruits and spinach so its fresh one other thing i do not drink tap water im sure that flouride is poison now the results of this prosess is my psoriasis is fading everywhere i believe if i keep this up it will go altogether i would definately recommend my fellow sufferers to give it a go it wont cost that much and could be the best thing ever let me know how your getting on god bless dougie

Posted Sun 4 Oct 2015 17.35 by MartinJS
No confidence, especially with women. Feeling like I'm being stared at and overlooked. Tried a few treatments with limited success, none of

Think I've been unlucky, as I did this strictly for nearly two months and noticed no difference whatsoever. I'm currently trying to remove both gluten and dairy, although I admit I've slipped a few times on both I've had periods of well over a week without even a trace of either. If anything, it's worse than before I tried this. Very disappointing and depressing, to be honest.

Posted Fri 9 Oct 2015 17.05 by mroncoli
My sister developed very severe psoriasis when she was 16 years old and had severe symptoms until she began light treatments and hydroxyurea

My sister developed severe psoriasis when she was 16 years old, and it remained severe until she was in her 40s. It became so bad at this time that she was admitted into Massachusetts General Hospital, a major psoriasis center, where she began light treatments and chemotherapy. Her skin cleared and she remained on hydroxyurea for years. She is now 85, and has advanced Alzheimer's disease. She stopped taking hydroyurea about 9 years ago. She has had no skin lesions since. She is essentially cured of psoriasis, but her mind is gone. Has anyone been "cured" of psoriasis using traditional medicine like light treatments and chemotherapy? Is there any relationship between Alzheimer's disease and psoriasis?

Posted Fri 11 Dec 2015 19.33 by flemmons2003 (edited Wed 3 Feb 2016 15.55 by Aurora)
yes

One thing you are missing out of the equation here is removing SUGAR from your diet, which includes rice, ANY kind of sugar, ALL processed food, ALCOHOL, and a lot of grains. Staying on a gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb diet using only Stevia as a sweetner WILL show results. One sip of alcohol and I am on fire from the itching. Potatoes are full of sugar, but if you must have it over bread, eat it. Slipping for just one day eating a piece of cake, or pie, or candy will set you back for weeks. And, yes, exercise does help. The less we weigh, the better we feel, but I think that weight loss comes from getting rid of the gluten and sugar.

To take part, sign in or register with us