Can anyone recommend moisturiser for the face that doesn't sting!

Posted Fri 4 Jan 2013 09.22 by chill
i have it all over my body, hands, feet and face

Hello. I have had P for 11yrs, done the UV,Cyclosporine & Methotrexate & then just decided that maybe it was something I should live with, however ... My face & my hands :-) I've now been prescribed Nizorel for my face & it is ridiculously dry & flakey & i can't find any nice moisturiser,been using Simple, but even that stings. As for my hands, Dovobet is brilliant until such a time that you have to stop using it & your hands go back to being sore,red, flakey & just unbearably unattractive. Any recommendations would be gratefully received !

Posted Sat 5 Jan 2013 15.48 by robert skillen (edited Mon 14 Jan 2013 21.35 by ginasweetpea)
severe

hi, i have had p for 20 years and have tried everything, over the last 4 years i have been producing and supplying shower gels and moisturiser's for the leisure industry, from time to time i use the latter myself but not the gels. if you want me to sent you free samples of these just email me and i will send these to you(no charge) as i know how this affects me and hate it. at present i am in the last stages of testing a shower gel for psoriasis suffers --testing on myself, after 20 years why not? i will be putting this gel on the market within the next two months, it is not a cure but it holds it back and makes everyday comfortable. email me to robertskillen@hotmail.com i will be glad to help.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 2013 14.36 by superpyne (edited Sat 9 Feb 2013 10.01 by angelawoodley@nhs.net)
I have recently had a bad recurrence after 20 years clear. I am upset by it and very uncomfortable.

Try 'Aveeno' moisturiser. It's an oat complex one that seems to help and doesn't sting (me anyway). Good luck

Posted Thu 21 Feb 2013 22.04 by jrowlands51
Losing self confidence as patches of psoriasis increase and get bigger. In my fifties and started with it just before my 50th birthday.

I find Epaderm cream applied to my face before going to bed really helps. Eventually this will take away the soreness and you can use a normal moisturiser during the day.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2013 16.28 by Dave (edited Wed 9 Jul 2014 14.23 by Yorkshirerose)
To cut a long story short, psoriasis ruined my life when i was just a teenager.

Have you tried Dermol? It's an antimicrobial / moisturiser. Ask your GP about it or look it up online to find out if it's suitable.

Posted Tue 3 Dec 2013 14.49 by Amandine (edited Wed 9 Jul 2014 14.23 by kkpradhan)
Plaque Psoriasis since childhood, now nail psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, eye problems, the full monty really!

I use a moisturiser called 'Neem' and get it from neemgenie.co.uk - the Neem 40 moisturising or anti-flare lotion is good for the face and hands - I use it as a day moisturiser then Nivea Cream at night. I find greasy things better than aqueous based creams which just dry the skin more. Neem Genie also used to do a Genie Stick which looked like a Lipsalve but could be used anywhere - these were a lifesaver for me if I was out because they fit in my purse and I could rub a bit on, but they don't seem to be doing them anymore - you could ring and ask though. I have tried some of their other products but these were the only ones I re-ordered.

Posted Fri 28 Mar 2014 13.41 by Rachelborg (edited Wed 9 Jul 2014 14.22 by Tallylou23)
I have had psoriasis since 8 was 7. I am now 45. My scalp is particularly bad at the mo. I use dermalux on my legs

Liz earle. All her products are completely natural. I have had psoriasis on and off since i was 8. I am now 45. I have been using these products. Especially her facial skin repair moisturiser and cleanse and polish for about 12 years now. I never use anything else. Good luck. She does do a small travel/sample pack. You can now buy it in John Lewis and larger boots. But if you buy it direct on her website you get a little free sample x

Posted Thu 6 Nov 2014 09.21 by JMcKnit
I have had psoriasis for 50 years and had different symptons over the years.

Hi...I have had P for over 50 years now (comes and goes) and where I do not have patches I have very dry and thin skin so need a gentle moisturising products. I use Weleda calendula face cream on my face. I find it soothing and moisturising. Like many contributors to this website I find that a product will work one year and may irritate the next year. I can also highly recommend Harrogate Sulphur soap products. The products are not very cheap but used sparingly are very effective. You can find them on the internet.

Posted Thu 6 Nov 2014 23.06 by scotty23
scalp

Exorex moisturiser is good - if the skin on my face is really flaky I use a facial brush - I've got an Olay one - used on low speed and really gently first to get off the flaky skin otherwise the moisturiser doesn't sink in

Posted Tue 9 Dec 2014 11.16 by bryanfan
Diagnosed back in 1979 had lots of in patient admissions creams tablets etc now have humera and methotrexate injections fingers crossed been

Hi I started using My Trusty Little Sunflower moisturising cream, no perfume parabins etc. It's made by Salisbury Hospital originally for after plastic surgery burns patients but they now sell it all profits go back to the hospital. It's non greasy soaks in quickly and I find it better than any prescription ointments/creams or E45 etc hope this helps

Posted Tue 9 Dec 2014 16.14 by k9krat@gmail.com
Yes

Read "Healing Psoriasis, the Natural Alternative." By deceased Dr. Pagano. It is about Your diet. Until you read the book, stay away from nightshades And go vegan by eating whole plant based foods. No sugar. Use castor oil on lesions. Its rather thick but mesage it in And it absorbs quickly. But get thr book. It will answer your Questions. Its a fact. You cant cure your psoriasis without Changing your diet. It works. And its no sacrifice at all when The results are so good.

Posted Tue 1 Dec 2015 11.07 by callagg
flames up from time to time.

One thing that seems to work for me is a cream made of wild Irish seaweed. Victorians with skin aliments used to bath in it. There is a <a href="http://www.roscara.com">psoriasis cream</a> that i use called roscara from Ireland that gives me relief.

Posted Sat 7 May 2016 18.51 by irishgeoff

Have you tried roscara <a href="http://roscara.com">Psoriasis Cream</a> ?

To take part, sign in or register with us