Any treatment similar to Alphosyl HC?

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2013 16.33 by IanP
Scalp and face affected since I was 8 years old. Not really serious just always there

I visited the doctor today to get a new prescription for Alphosyl HC only to be told that it's no longer available. The doctor said that a vitamin D cream would be the best replacement, but I had a really bad reaction to Dovonex. So my doctor couldn't help me! So what are my options? Has anyone else had a problem with Dovonex or are there other vitamin D treatments available? Or perhaps a recognised alternative to Alphosyl... Thanks Ian

Posted Wed 23 Jan 2013 03.05 by snowdrop23jane
Severe scalp and mild body

Hi, I use the alphosyl shampoo and it has been the only thing that worked for 15 years, now it is hard to get hold off due to continuous availability problems so I would be interested in any answers to this question xx

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2013 16.47 by Dave
To cut a long story short, psoriasis ruined my life when i was just a teenager.

Hi Ian and Snowdrop I still have a steady supply of Alphosyl HC from the local chemist and my GP has no problems with prescribing this treatment evn though it has been removed from the database as far as the printed prescriptions go. If your GP's good enough, he/she should still give you a hand written prescription for this, if you can find a chemist who still have it in stock. As for an alternative, i'm all ears for that one. The Alphosyl 2 in 1 should have been readily available without any delays for a good few weeks.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 2013 23.29 by katymgkatymgKatymg
Guttate psoriasis for 16 years. Flares up in conjunction with chronic tonsillitis.

I was having difficulty getting Alphosyl shampoo so switched to Oilatum which I now prefer (I add a bit of a herbal shampoo to get a bit more lather going). K

Posted Sun 9 Feb 2020 15.53 by Frankly Mydear

Alphosyl cream was very effective for me. I decanted it from the brown glass bottles into an empty Mum Rollette anti perspirant dispenser and it was so quick to apply. The gelatinous consistency was perfect and took all the hassle out of the application process. I can’t get my hands on any these days and my pharmacist just tells me that it’s “no longer available.” Such a shame as I never had any ill effects after using it for 20 years and it worked for me.

Posted Mon 24 Feb 2020 16.20 by leejacks

You could maybe exorex lotion has coal tar in it. And maybe a mild steroid like eumovate.

Posted Mon 24 Feb 2020 16.21 by leejacks

I have had a reaction to every vitamin d anolgue treatment and probably tried at least a dozen.

To take part, sign in or register with us