Scalp psoriasis

Posted Fri 5 May 2017 12.41 by Itsafamilything

Hi Kjackman91, After 'suffering' for more than 30 years of what I thought, bad dandruff, prooved to be scalp psoriasis. I used to have quite big scabs from finger print size to several square inches. My wife overheard a conversation in The Body Shop and from that she bought the Ginger Shampoo. After trying all sorts of nasty smelling potions, I now just use the Ginger shampoo (even though there's not much hair left to wash!). The results were amazing and within a couple of weeks almost all had gone. Now, after 6 months I ocassionally get a tiny little scab above my left ear, but it is easily dealt with. No bleeding, itching or red skin. Wonderful! Oh, and I don't work for The Body Shop or L'Oreal. Good luck!

Posted Sat 7 Oct 2017 11.19 by Tinac

Hi I’ve been reading lots of posts on here like most of you nothing over the counter or given to me by my dr works. I have massive lumps on my head, the wait to see a dermatologist is 29 weeks!!!! And yes as 1 of you pointed out, there certainly are psychological effects to this as I know no one can see it but I know it’s there! The longer I wait to see someone the more that appears on my scalp and it’s so itchy and sore! I’ve just been to boots and got something recommended by them. Let’s hope it helps 🤞

Posted Sat 7 Oct 2017 13.28 by Barb

When I was suffering really bad with my scalp I used liquid paraffin to soften the scales then combed out with fine tooth comb and washed my hair with Alphosyl shampoo I don't get the build ups now and use this shampoo I twice a week .For other areas I used sorion which has worked a treat I think we get caught in a circle of stress equals psoriasis and psoriasis causes stress..

Posted Thu 12 Oct 2017 11.02 by Louisiana

My dermatologist prescribed me Dermovate, but cannot be used for long periods but did really clear my scalp, also to apply Eperderm which is like vaseline but thicker (this can be bought over the counter), can be tricky to apply to scalp but if you leave over night it really helps soften the scales. I tried all over the counter shampoos but they did not help at all in fact made my scalp worse. I have found a tea tree and mint shampoo and conditioner which I finds soothes the scalp and does not sting especially when scalp is bad. My hairdresser also recommended a shampoo for dry flaky scalp by Philip Kingsley but it is expensive and found it some help but too expensive to be using daily as I have long hair and doesn't last long!

Posted Thu 12 Oct 2017 12.24 by Tarka

A few years ago my local GP found an advert in a medical newspaper for a shampoo called "Dermax". Odourless, colourless, washes like a normal shampoo (leave on for about 5 mins whilst your washing then rinse off). In my opinion, its bloody amazing stuff. Flakes are removed / start dropping away almost immediately. I strongly suggest people try it. I get mine on prescription. http://www.dermax.co.uk/

Posted Wed 25 Oct 2017 11.55 by MummyT

I tried Soratinex earlier in the year and it worked wonders on my scalp, completely cleared it and it’s only just started to come back this past week. It was featured in The Mail yesterday so I’m hoping it will be available here from now on. Much cheaper than a lot of stuff too and not as strong as thing like polytar (which previously had been one of the only things that helped). Seeing the article has spurred me on to tell everyone though as immy scalp has never been so clear for so long!

To take part, sign in or register with us