Plaque psoriasis and pregnancy?

Posted Tue 19 Feb 2013 09.35 by RachAG
I have psoriasis on my arms legs and scalp it has affected me because i never go out with out a cardigan on or coat even if its boiling hot.

I have had plaque psoriasis for 19 yrs i have tryed all treatments from topical creams to uvb treatment the uvb treatment worked for the first time but when i went back for a second lot of treatment the treatment made it worse. I am 7 weeks pregnant and want to know if anyones knows of any creams/moisturisers that work during pregnancy I am currently using diprobase which is having no affect what so ever. i have even tried shop bought moistrurisers for extermely dry skin and they dont seem to work either. i need to find something that will work as it feels like my skin is actually cracking open and it burns aswell.

1 Posted Fri 7 Feb 2014 14.18 by Paulashacks (edited Wed 19 Mar 2014 00.35 by cmprofitt)
I have it and my daughter has it too

Hi I have had psoriasis for 20 years and have found that apart from holidays abroad and phototherapy the only thing that totally "cured" my psoriasis was being pregnant! I have 2 lovely girls (one of whom has sadly inherited psoriasis) and during both pregnancies my skin cleared completely. Sadly it came back afterwards but has never been as bad as it was since. Hopefully yours will clear too and you won't need to use anything. If not I'm afraid you may only be allowed to use moisturisers. Good luck and congratulations x

Posted Sun 9 Feb 2014 09.38 by traceloulass
I have had psoriasis for 26 years in varying degrees

I have had psoriasis since I was 10 and the only times I have been totally clear are during my 2 pregnancies. However if this is you enjoy it while it lists because after the baby is born and my hormones kicked in a was covered in it. It did gradually get back to normal for me after a couple of months though. Enjoy your pregnancy.

To take part, sign in or register with us