Anyone else tried Airbeds?

Posted Mon 23 Jan 2017 14.59 by Macee

Initially I just had some scalp psoriasis in my mid 30s, but a stroke at 35 led to plaque and inverse psoriasis developing and being with me for most of the last 20 years. I ve used steroids of various sorts, coal tar, creams like cetraben and uv treatment which helped somewhat but was very time intensive and difficult to arrange when working at the same time. The psoriasis is usually worst on pressure point areas when sitting or sleeping like elbow knees buttocks - though tight clothing could also start new batches off. This last winter it had been so bad in places that I thought some was going to go on from psoriasis to pressure sores so we tried https://www.amazon.co.uk/NRS-Healthcare-Repose-Mattress-Overlay/dp/B006H4SEVK/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1485177846&sr=8-6&keywords=nrs+air at about £150 it isnt cheap but the difference it has made visibly within days is to me amazing. The psoriasis isnt completely gone 3 weeks since getting the mattress but a good 90% has gone and itching is now negligable. I wouldnt claim that this could work for everyone (because I think in my case the psoriasis has a relationship with the stroke I had - rather than a surface stroke it was somewhere deep so the sorts of things I lost were things like unconscious muscle control abilities, and muscle tone - I ve realised for years now that instead of being able to distribute weight the way I used to be able to unconsciously in sitting or lying down everything I do now - every limb is and my body as a whole are much more a dead weight putting more pressure down though though these contact areas than before the stroke. So to anyone who does get psoriasis particularly on these contact surfaces from when you sit or lie down I would say try one of these mattresses out

Posted Mon 23 Jan 2017 17.21 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

It reads as though it might help me and also at the bottom of the page I found an inflatable 18" ring that will hopefully help to some degree for sitting in keeping what skin is left on my underside from stripping slowly off again. In fact I am just about to order to for myself and at £14 delivered I wont have lost much if its not much use to me :thumbup: Thanks for the information and I hope the mattress topper continues to give you relief :) It's a pity the forum engine does not provide emoticons :(

To take part, sign in or register with us