Fake tan !!!

Posted Wed 1 Feb 2017 23.27 by Amybx

I have guttate psoriasis and have tried every kind of treatment you could think of! I have just learned to live with it as there is not much I can do. I do wear fake tan because I do not like sunbeds. Anytime I wear fake tan though, I get these white circles around my patches and it also makes them darker on the inside. I know it would be better to not wear it but I hateeee pale skin!! Does anyone have any faketan tips to stop this?? Hope to hear your answers!! Thanks :)

Posted Fri 3 Feb 2017 15.17 by Shakil

I am so sorry to hear that!!! my only advice to you is to stop using fake tanning products....they will eventually cause you more flare ups which is the last thing you need. Go under the sun everyday for 30 minutes you will tan and get vitamin D to

Posted Fri 7 Apr 2017 08.32 by JoApUK - 42 from Essex
Psoriasis warrior for 17 years. Currently on UVB light therapy. Web: DryandMighty.co.uk Twitter: @DryandMighty Come say hi :)

I heard that Cocoa Brown is a great fake tanning product for psoriasis suffers. http://www.cocoabrown.ie/professional-spray-tanning/ The lady who started it has psoriasis (I think). So might be worth checking out.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 2017 23.12 by Ellisjay

Yes!! It has taken me years, but I have finally found a fake tan that doesn't cling to my psoriasis and leave a white ring. It's the bondi sands everyday tanning lotion, about £12 from boots/Superdrug. Unfortunately it isn't instant (but I'm sure you can live with that with the results you'll get). I never thought I'd be able to fake tan, but I promise you won't regret this purchase. I'm thinking about starting a blog with psoriasis tips and tricks because I have found a few hacks! Ellis xx

Posted Wed 12 Apr 2017 14.21 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Have you tried Sally Henson fake tan very good. Get it from superdrug or boots

Posted Thu 13 Apr 2017 01.05 by Holly1
Has psoriasis since 2001

Has anyone tried garnier summer body? Iv just bought it as I thought it would be good to get a little tan before an occasion. Iv never put fake tan on before but after reading it doesn't always go well with psoriasis thought I would check if this is a good one to try?

Posted Fri 14 Apr 2017 14.30 by andrea
have had p for too many years

I have tried fake tan and it just looks awful. It seems to make the psoriasis look more noticeable.

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 15.01 by RR2691x

Bondi sands I love to use. Obviously the patches go darker after applying but once showered off it actually leaves my my skills lovely and smooth due to the moisturiser in there. One thing I would like advice on is shaving!! Always dread shaving my legs as I end up bleeding on the patches of psoriasis!! Any tips? Thanks x

Posted Wed 13 Sep 2017 17.18 by Amybx

Thanks for replying, glad I am not the only one!! I tried cocoa brown & it has been the best one yet but it does dry out my skin so I just use a oil free cream for after! Hope this helps girls xx

Posted Wed 13 Sep 2017 by rebecca_1999

i go out almost every weekend and cannot bare to be pale!! i have tried at least 10 different tans, but the one i reach for now is a free sample its called "crazy angel tan" which is an english company and it is a spray tan solution which i have also decided to order online because without it id be leave with dark rings around my arms. what i normally do is put it on the night before and the morning after i exfoliate it and the dark rings are washed away and your left with a smooth finish i also moisturise over this, after reading all about bondi sands im dying to try that out too after all my other failed attempts!!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 2017 06.40 by Amybx

I tried the bondi sands & it didnt work for me, actually felt like it made mine worse but I suppose everyone takes to it different so yea give it a go!

Posted Sun 15 Oct 2017 21.23 by Liza246
Had psoriasis for 10 years on hands, legs and elbows now on my face

I used Vesper Spray Tan machine. I get the white ring round psoriasis too. I must say tho don’t know if it’s the fake tan or moisture’s but my psoriasis is much better every time I use the machine. I’m going to go weekly see if it continues to help.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 2017 14.30 by lesley08

sally Hansen instant is amazing!! I also use the Garnier Ambre solaire gel as the moisture in it covers well. :)

Posted Tue 14 Aug 2018 11.01 by Amybx

Oh god girls my legs are looking bad from the tan & psoriasis Wish I could show pictures on this! Anyone got new tips ?

Posted Wed 15 Aug 2018 08.38 by Helgo

When I use fake tan, I get a bit of cotton wool and wipe it off my patches of psoriasis before it dries. I then put moisturiser on my patches too. I find that really makes a difference. Only problem I have is that in winter I get lots of tiny patches on my upper arms therefore can't wipe it off every single patch and end up wearing something with sleeves to cover up.

Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 11.11 by Amybx

Hi girls, I suffer from psoriasis patches on my legs and when I tan I get white circles around them. I tried using my enstilar then wrap in cling film, it made the dry area very smooth & soft but then I thought I should try coconut oil and omg the patch is nearly gone!! Can just see the outline of where it was before

Posted Wed 21 Nov 2018 18.15 by Linda87

I have spots of psoriasis on my lower back. I make all the cosmetics myself, including tanning products. There are no harmful substances that harm the skin. How to make it possible to see here https://www.tanoholic.com/diy-lotions-oils/

Posted Wed 21 Nov 2018 19.31 by angela r
4 years

I love skinny tan. Bit expensive but no horrible fake tan smell

Posted Mon 20 Jan 2020 17.03 by eva

do any of yous put fake tan on ur face because whenever i do i have a really bad flare up any suggestions to help it

Posted Mon 20 Jan 2020 17.09 by eva

i am quite young to be on this talking as am 14 but i have had psoriasis since i was 3 and i have had UV light treatment 65 times between the ages of 4-6 so i can’t use sunbeds when i am older so what tan do you recommend also the sun really doesn’t help my case either as i am ginger

To take part, sign in or register with us