tips..

Posted Tue 21 Feb 2017 13.41 by courtneyfain

I have had psoriasis since a young age and about 5/6 months ago i went to see the Dermatologist who put me on Neoral. It worked fantastically but cause of my age and the effects that the medication can have on my kidneys i have completed my course but my psoriasis has flared again all over and some bits are worse than before and have gained psoriasis on parts i didnt have it before, I have got to the point where i am stressing because it is back and i know that makes it worse, i am just seeking some advise on how people manage to maintain theirs? I have tried many creams but the one i am using at the moment helps but i have noticed that it actually makes my skin peel.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 2017 12.01 by EQ

Hello Courtney! I'm also on Neoral Ciclosporin at the moment, started 5 weeks ago and seeing good improvement. I'm only allowed on this for 2 years as I'm only 21. Previous to this I was on Methotrexate but was causing problems with my liver and had to come off the medication, like you mine returned and started in places I'd never had before including my face. I constantly tried to get back in to see the dermatologist and took me a little while but they tried me on Ciclosporin and at the moment so far so good. I would try to get an appointment with your dermatologist to discuss how your feeling and your psoriasis at the moment and see what treatment they can provide you if no creams are currently working. I hope this helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us