How do I Stop the Itching

Posted Thu 16 Mar 2017 13.46 by jvenables

Hi All, my 1st post here, been a sufferer for too long to remember, finished my phototherapy a few months ago which this time didnt work. I have it on my elbows, outside of both legs, Kneecaps and a small patch on my right side. I haven't been back to the doctors since the phototherapy failed as I have been so disilluisioned and down about the whole thing. I am making matters worse constantly due the itching, my word if i could use a fork or something to scratch I would. I am constantly bleeding due to scratching so much so hard. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for controlling the itch, I just cant stop myself Any guidance would be appreciated

Posted Thu 16 Mar 2017 14.09 by Phil1949

Hi jvenables The only thing that stops the itching for me is DiproSalic ointment only from GP from long time sufferer best of luck

Posted Fri 17 Mar 2017 21.16 by alan g

hi j venables , your problem sounds similar to mine. ive had the condition for years but the itching has become worse lately but still inconsistant , i am using Isomol gel which soothes for a time and sometimes E45 itch relief cream . hope its useful .

Posted Sat 18 Mar 2017 15.35 by harisv77

I had this horrible itching throughout my whole body because of the psoriasis. Truth is, my psoriasis looked horrible and it was really itchy due to the fact that it was really scaly and would often hurt when i stretch etc. The itch was unbearable. Only one thing has helped and it really did help over night. It was a coal tar solution. My psoriasis was so bad, i often thought this will never end. The constant itch and irritation and it looked absolutely horrible. My body would literally shed dead skin and as soon as i lifted my t shirt a lot of the 'flakes' would come off. Then i applied coal tar solution. Overnight, it has got rid off all of the flaking and made my skin look unbelievable well. OVER NIGHT!! i put it on, i woke up and to my surprise all the flakiness is gone and to top it off, it was no longer itching! As far as now, all i have is red looking skin, kind of inflamed but to where it was before, coal tar solution truly does miracles. I think my coal tar was 10% mixed with betnovate (steroid). Hope it helps!

Posted Tue 21 Mar 2017 15.02 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I was told about this product (YiGanErJing) by another member so I ordered 2 tubes and for me it has proved to be a good anti itch product. This link is from overseas but I expect you would be able to find a Chinese supplier operating somewhere over here, although obviously not for 99p per tube delivered. If you order from this link the delivery will take about 2wks minimum. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YiGanErJing-Herbal-Cream-for-Psoriasis-Natrual-Eczema-Minor-Disease-Acne-/302257118280?hash=item465fed9c48:g:i1AAAOSwB-1YzmC5

Posted Tue 21 Mar 2017 15.15 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I have made another quick on-line search and found this English supplier who will send a tube for £2.54 so you will not loose much of it does not work for you. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Psoriasis-Eczema-Cream-Acne-Dermatitis-Skin-Rash-No-1-Asian-Cream-YIGANERJING-/192111929797?hash=item2cbac369c5:g:GLIAAOSwX~dWn3ZK

To take part, sign in or register with us