Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Thu 11 Oct 2018 11.36 by warren1
widespread psoriasis for 30years

Jidda hi, As using blueberries to clear psoriasis is so new there have obviously been no clinical trials. Therefore all we can do is speak from personal experience in the hope that others might be helped too. I am so glad that blueberries have worked for me. Having said that there is nothing to stop continuing to take blueberries and also taking the advice of the dermatologist. As I say there have been no clinical trials done on blueberries, therefore is it possible??? I ask the question??? that in years to come that whilst some may have significant improvement using Blueberries only, that others could treat the symptoms of psoriasis with conventional medicine ie steroids, ciclosporin etc and use blueberries too to work from the inside out for long term benefit. Just thinking outside the box, with a desire to help a fellow psoriasis sufferer. Warren At the end of the day you need to decide what is best for you in your circumstances.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 2018 22.28 by Holly1
Has psoriasis since 2001

Hello, I haven’t read all the posts as there are so many but there looks to be so many positive stories on eating blueberries, sorry if this has already been answered but how long until you see a difference. I’m going to start this at the weekend and see how it goes but would be so good to stop all the creams and tablets for something natural 🤞🏻

Posted Thu 11 Oct 2018 23.44 by ateeq

Hi holly Around 20 a day is what has been recommended. good luck

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 00.41 by Yoofey (edited Fri 12 Oct 2018 02.53 by Yoofey)

Hi guys. Disclaimer/preface - before I post what I am about to post 1) I am not pretending to be an expert 2) Everyone's biology is different 3) I have only read the contents of this thread and nothing else on the forum 4) I am sharing my thoughts/advice simply in the help that it might help at least 1 person to some degree 5) ANYTHING I state to be correct about autoimmune problems and human biology is based on research that has lead me to strongly believe certain things to the point where I can consider them to be factual 6) With point 5 in mind, EVERYTHING I say is open to your own interpretation and only follow my advice if you yourself decide it is the correct thing to do Facts: - 1) All or nearly all autoimmune problems are a result of gut dysbiosis 2) Many things contribute to gut dysbiosis including (but not limited to) antibiotic ingestion (intentional or otherwise, such as in non-organic meats), stress, allergies, food intolerances, overeating, nutrient deficiencies and a lack of breast feeding (the mother's milk contains healthy bacteria designed to colonise the gut to fight off pathogens) 3) Nearly all dietary advice you have ever heard is complete rubbish 4) The dietary requirements and food sensitivities (both allergies and intolerances) in homo sapiens are largely dictated by the locality/ethnicity of the individual 5) Food intolerances are in many ways more sinister than allergies (I will explain all that below) My story (I will keep it short and sweet) - I am a 40 year old lifelong sufferer of eczema. I finally figured out the cause and I am sharing with you what I believe to be of use to others who know the misery of living with inflammation like this. Starting point - ASSUME YOUR PSORIASIS IS ENTIRELY A RESULT OF A SYSTEMIC BACTERIAL/FUNGAL INFECTION EMANATING FROM THE GUT. You CANNOT heal the gut overnight. It requires BELIEF and (most of all) TIME AND DISCIPLINE. THAT is what you are seeing with blueberries. Homo sapiens are obligate carnivores, meaning they require animal products for nutrients they cannot get anywhere else. An example of this is carrots and vitamin A - carrots actually contain beta-carotene, which is a provitamin A, rather than true vitamin A (retinol). Retinol is only found in animal products. About 45% of homo sapiens are capable of converting provitamin A to retinol and even then only at a very poor rate. That is an example of how badly diet is misunderstood. Homo sapiens naturally feed on animal products. We are evolved this way. There are various vestigial elements to our genetic makeup which indicate to our past history millions of years about (about 3.5 million) as predominantly herbivores, with the vitamin A reference above a great example of this. But we evolved as carnivores and if any animal is fed an unnatural diet, it will become sick. In their natural history, all localities/ethnicities of homo sapiens also included non-animal foods, such as season fruits, some leaves etc and seaweed whenever they could get it. These foods are supplemental and are not required to sustain life. They slightly enrich a diet of quality animal products. Important point - you HAVE to understand that there are two types of non-animal foods - caloric and non-caloric. Leaves etc were eaten by our ancestors for millions of years so we adapt well to them. Seaweed has also been eaten for a long time (it is very mineral-rich). These are NON-CALORIC, meaning they contain little to no CARBOHYDRATES. Later on we developed ways of mass-producing CALORIC plant food such fruits hybridised to produce unnaturally high levels of fructose and other sugars and grains/tubers. Meat is digested by the powerful acid produced in the human stomach. It is digested quickly and easily. All localities of homo sapiens have eaten meat as a staple for millions of years so they digest it no problem. HOWEVER the tolerance a homo sapien will have for caloric plant foods will be dictated largely by their recent natural history. Enzymes are required to digest carbohydrates (particularly starch) - amylose (starch) needs amylase. Amylase production (how many copies of the gene you have) is largely dictated by your ethnic background and various from person to person: - https://www.precisionnutrition.com/carbohydrate-tolerance-genes IF YOU ARE EATING MORE CARBOHYDRATE THAN YOU CAN TOLERATE, THE UNDIGESTED CARBOHYDRATE IS DIGESTED BY DANGEROUS MICROBES IN THE GUT. Candida albicans being a primary culprit. Asians for instance have been eating carbs like rice, soy etc for thousands and thousands of years. As a result, they have many copies of the AMY1 gene. Scandinavians, conversely, have little or no copies of the gene. The reason for this being that starch in essentially not found in Scandinavia so was never eaten by that locality/ethnicity of homo sapiens. Scandinavians ate animals and berries during the summer months. Modern fruits are highly sugar dense and fructose can be hell on the body. Fructose malabsorption/intolerance is very common. Fructose is the second leading cause of fatty liver disease (alcoholism is the first). So WHY would little ol' blueberries be the cure for some people? Well, this will be why... The fibre in blueberries is highly fermentable by Lactobacillus plantarum - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3638594/ ... ... and Lactobacillus plantarum plays a key role in rebalancing the gut flora and repairing gut hyperpermeability ("leaky gut syndrome") - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22912548 The health of the gut is a good guy vs bad guy fight - if the good guys are in the majority, the keep the bad guys in check. And vice-versa. Blueberries wont work for everybody because everyone is different, as is their gut flora. A bit more about my story - after years of steroid creams, inhalors, anti-histamines, oilatum, E45 blah blah blah, I finally realise that wheat was causing hell for me. I realised this when I became self-employed - if I sat down to work and had eaten bread for breakfast, I would start to get drowsy. So I gave up all wheat, rye and barley. Suddenly I felt much better. The swelling I had always felt in my stomach started to go away, as did my rash. I still had dry skin though until one day my skin was obviously smooth. It appears I had been suffering from coeliac most of my life. I still needed moisturiser here and there but no more steroid creams etc for me. Then suddenly years later I broke again HORRIBLY. Back on the steroid stuff, pain in the shower, blood all over my bed sheets... back to square one. The ONLY thing had changed was I started eating a bowl of fruit in the morning instead of an omelette (trying to add different foods in). I stopped eating fruit and it went away AFTER SEVERAL WEEKS. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION HERE - WHEAT IS AN ALLERGEN, FRUCTOSE IS SOMETHING I AM INTOLERANT OF. They are different things. Allergic reactions come and go quickly, intolerance take weeks to come and go because they cause infection in the gut - you have to feed the bad guys for weeks before it shows and you have to starve them for weeks before order is restored. Years later (a couple years ago actually) I started to eat more fruit and agave nectar in my oatmeal. AND HERE IT ALL COMES BACK AGAIN. Steroid creams blah blah... go cold turkey on the fruit and it EVENTUALLY goes away again. I finally realised this really was fruit and it was there I started to learn about the gut and the difference between ALLERGY and INTOLERANCE. I am Scottish, born and bred. There are no bananas, mangoes, melons etc here - all there are are small amounts of berries during the summer/autumn. https://www.mnn.com/your-home/organic-farming-gardening/stories/7-fruit-and-veggies-that-used-look-whole-lot-different-than-they-do-today NATURALLY occurring fruits such as raspberries and BLUEBERRIES are high-fibre, low sugar, ONLY SEASONAL and SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD. And here we come to FODMAP. I don't know how well known FODMAPs are in the psoriasis community, but you can look it up. FODMAPs are foods that FEED THE BAD GUYS IN YOUR GUT. https://www.monashfodmap.com/ibs-central/i-have-ibs/starting-the-low-fodmap-diet/ http://www.myginutrition.com/downloads/High_FODMAP_foods.pdf Here are some foods with fibres that feed the good guys: - https://alittlebityummy.com/8-low-fodmap-prebiotic-food-sources/ The gut microbiome also likes EPA/DHA, which is only found in animal foods. My suggested protocol (what worked for me): - 1) Completely remove all FODMAPs from your diet 2) Remove all inflammatory foods (nightshades, eggs, soy, dairy, grains etc... you know the ones) 3) Get to know your butcher - get a good source of quality, grass fed meats. Grass fed meats contain nutrients not found in plants and are only found in small amounts in grain-fed meats (EPA, DHA, retinol, K2, CLA etc). 4) Don't overtax the gut - not only will the dysbiosis have to reverse but the damage to the gut lining will need to heal. EAT SMALL MEALS. Meat is well digested by the stomach. Eat salads with olive oil and balsamic dressing, sauteed non-FODMAP greens. 5) Get collagen powder and glutamine - these are essential for healing the gut as they contain the amino acids used heavily in the gut 6) Drink plenty water - there will be a lot of detoxing to do and it is HARD on the body (especially the liver) 7) No pork - it's a common allergen... pigs are genetically modified wild boars and are usually fed a terrible diet (corn/soy), even when they come from a good farm. 8) NO SMOKING, DRINKING or DRUGGING. I am not judging anyone, just keep the toxin levels in your body low and alcohol feeds candida albicans. 9) Absolutely no processed food, junk food or cheating on the diet until it heals you or you know it is not going to work for you. 10) IF NOT ALLERGIC - get a good-quality coconut oil. Aldi have a raw, organic one right now that is very cheap and excellent quality. Coconut oil is a good energy source but, more importantly, the caprylic acid in the oil is devastating to certain evil microbes, such as candida albicans. Start off with 1 teaspoon in the morning and one at night. Build up from there until you are taking 3-4 spoons (NOT teaspoons) every day. 11) IF NOT ALLERGIC - try to make recipes with coconut MILK. The lauric acid in coconut milk has properties similar to caprylic acid 12) IF NOT ALLERGIC - sunflower seeds. I am not huge on plant oil (with the exception of EV olive oil and coconut oil) but sunflower seeds contain high levels of vit E and silica, which is good for the skin. You can also use almonds in small amounts. Get fresh ones as they can go rancid quickly. Eat small amounts and do not eat them with animal products or supplements because they phytic acid in them demineralises the body https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/living-with-phytic-acid/ In addition to gut-specific protocol, I STRONGLY recommend this to keep the body running optimally: - 1) IF NOT ALLERGIC, eat wild salmon and fish roe often. Both are easily digested and extremely nutritious - wild salmon is one of the few sources of vitamin D. If you are in the UK, ASDA do a cheap frozen salmon that is actually wild pink salmon. It is not an amazing taste but it is very cheap and extremely nutritious 2) EAT YOUR LIVER for folate, iron and vitamin A. Vit A and folate are essential for tissue/skin repair. Do NOT take vitamin A supplements - it will be palmitate, which is toxic. If you are in the UK, Waitrose do a really nice organic chicken liver. Gently fry it with some greens and marjoram. 3) Eat dulse seaweed. It is full of iodine, which many people are deficient in. You only need very small amounts of it to get a lot of iodine. 4) IF NOT ALLERGIC take a GOOD QUALITY DHA/EPA fish oil supplement - it fights inflammation. 5) TAKE MAGNESIUM. Just about everyone is deficient in magnesium. Try to get magnesium glycinate, which is readily absorbed by the body. I noticed a big difference in sleep quality and inflammation control once I started taking it. 6) IF NOT ALLERGIC get PASTURED EGGS and eat the yolk. Pastured yolks will be orange, not like the usual crap. Sainsburys I believe do a 'golden yolk' egg which is something like this but try to get the real thing from a local source. Pastured egg yolk is very high K2 and contains good amounts of cholesterol (essential for tissue repair), EPA/DHA/D3 etc. To give the gut a break, try to fast for periods during the day - start eating later in the day and don't eat after 6PM. Many of the principles above can be seen in the GAPS diet, SCD diet, "paleo" diet as well as other diets that are recommended for sufferers of diabetes, candida, autism, all autoimmune problems etc. I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR A MIRACLE WORKER. This is simply WHAT I BELIEVE MAY HELP OTHERS. I can't guarantee results but I think it is worth a shot. IF IT IS GOING TO WORK, IT WILL TAKE TIME. YOU ARE KILLING AN INFECTION AND REVERSING INFLAMMATORY BODY CHEMISTRY. If your condition is serious, I would recommend a gradual shift over to the new diet in terms of changing energy substrates from carbs to fat/protein. If you experience a die-off, inflammation can be rampant. However, I suggest removing all inflammatory foods, smoking, alcohol, processed foods, sugar, fruit etc IMMEDIATELY. I sincerely hope this helps someone in some way.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 02.55 by Delree9

Hello Yoofey! First I would like to say, great info provided. It's alot of information to digest and I may be a little confused. On one of the sited websites it talked about High/Low FODMAPs. The site suggested low but are you suggesting NO FODMAPs? Can you provide your meal plan to give me an idea? I am scheduled to try TREMFYA on Oct 22nd and really want to heal naturally. FYI...I started blueberries 2 weeks ago.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 03.03 by Yoofey

Wendy, Thanks for your response. You are spot on with D. The problem is that supplementation is difficult as a lot of cod liver oil is debatable quality and many brands have garbage added to them. And conventional D supplements are nearly always rendered from lanolin from sheeps wool, a classic allergen. Yes, the northern people used to eat cod liver to sustain themselves due to low light. Weston Price I believe covered this. You should look it up his work if you havent already. BTW D, K2 and A all form a working partnership. Make sure you intentionally eat high K2 foods - it is not easy to come across now due to loss of soil quality, farming methods etc. People can be woken up to what they are putting in their bodies that shouldn't be there but it is even harder to get people to realise there is a lot that should be going in there that isn't. I will look to post this on other parts of the forum when I get a chance (tomorrow, hopefully). I'll look over your other posts when I do. Yep, oats contain oat gluten and avenin, but I am tested non-allergic to oats. TBH I dont eat much carbs anyway. When I do, it's usually low FODMAP and often resistant starch heavy (cooked then cooled basmati rice). The phytic acid in oats (and lots of other plants) is a huge issue, too.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 03.22 by Yoofey

Delree9, I am going to try to help people as much as I can. It should be noted here that my issues don't come back unless I sustain high FODMAP for a while (which is why it was so hard for me to pin down the cause) or unless I eat wheat. When I say "NO FODMAP", you have to understand that (assuming gut dysbiosis is the underlying cause), you have to put the fire out. You need to remove everything that feeds it (FODMAPs) and put in things that repair the gut (good quality fats and proteins, plenty of nutrients) and help the good guys (non-FODMAP fibres). AT A MINIMUM FOR STARTING OFF, get rid of all processed foods, sugar, fruits (apart from small amounts of kiwis, raspberries and blueberries), soy, dairy, grains, beans, chickpeas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, alcohol etc. Nuts and seeds - I am actually only allergic to peanuts and sesame. If you know 100% you are not allergic to them, it's OK to eat them IN SMALL AMOUNTS (they contain large amounts of phytic acid and omega 6 and tend to go rancid quickly). IF NOT ALLERGIC, walnuts are proven to be very good for the gut: - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5852820/ Yeast - although that mostly leaves when you stop alcohol and bread but also check for it in soup stocks etc. It's a very common allergen (my worst allergen, along with wheat). If you are taking an immune reaction to other yeasts and their toxic by-products (candida albicans) it will most likely be even worse. Fungi/yeast is a pathogen the body fights against. Keep it out. The majority of your calories should be coming from high-quality (grass-fed) animal meat and fats. Add in some berries, nuts (if not allergic), sauteed non-FODMAP greens. If you want some carbs, eat small amounts of basmati rice. Coconut milk and oil, grass-fed ghee, duck and goose fat etc are also good sources.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 03.24 by Yoofey

BTW it is also a good idea to avoid high histamine foods, such as spinach. Many of these things can be added back in if/when your gut heals. Obviously in small amounts. But you need to heal.

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 07.01 by Tim

Thank you all for this discussion. I started the blueberry plan a few days ago...fingers crossed. Will let you know how it goes. Would love a natural solution to this problem. I have mostly plaque psoriasis but it’s slowly moving into my joints...psoriatic arthritis. The plaques didn’t bother me that much ...it’s the arthritis that freaks me out. Some of the dietary advice here is new to me..esp the FODMAP. I have some googling to do!

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 14.03 by warren1

Intresting to read the recent discussion regarding what to take and what not. The above must have been on the night shift. I know a friend who was in Canada and was told to take high levels of vit D and his psoriasis cleared up. i tried it and it didnt work. I have read the Pagano book on diet for psoriasis and tried it but it was so hard to keep. For me it didnt work. It is really encouraging that there are so many putting their minds to this subject with the singular aim of defeating psoriasis. Having said that, as we focus upon the benifits of blueberries for psoriasis I have found that i can eat whatever i like, that includes a cream bun this morning, and my psoriasis is almost clear and remaining that way. I am very thankful to Phil who initiated this thread and Chrissie who has helped me too. Lets win the war against psoriasis, hopefully BLUEBERRIES will be a major help to many. Warren

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 14.24 by Yoofey

warren1, Many nutrients work in tandem. Shoot for plenty D3, vitamin A, K2 and MAGNESIUM. D3 - wild (NOT farmed) salmon and fish roe. Fish liver and their oils. A - eat your liver! K2 - pastured egg yolks. I think I am sensitive to egg whites so I usually just eat a lot of yolks, that is where all the nutrients are Magnesium - supplement with magnesium glycinate. Soil quality is too low now to get adequate levels from diet alone Good luck everyone!

Posted Fri 12 Oct 2018 15.05 by warren1

Yoofey hi, Your information is intresting. Could i just ask about your Psoriasis, How extensive was it? how long did you have it?. Are you completely cleared by the method you have posted? Also ,have you tried the 20 a day blueberry scheme of this link? would be intrested to hear? Warren

Posted Sat 13 Oct 2018 13.42 by Yoofey (edited Sat 13 Oct 2018 15.25 by Yoofey)

warren1, First off, I seem to be limited in how often I can post as I am a new member of the forum so my responses are delayed. Annoying, but understandable. If you read through my initial post, I state that I have never had psoriasis but I have suffered from eczema and I largely consider all autoimmune problems to have the same root cause but the symptoms it manifests differ from person to person. Blueberries - I never tried it, don't need to. I just remove all junk food, sugar, grains and fruit from my diet and wait to heal. BTW when I refer to "fruit", I mean the man-made, glycemic garbage people mistakenly believe is a health food when actually it is a health hazard, especially for ethnically northern people. Small amounts of berries were always eaten during the summer/autumn months and I consider them to be a real food, although they are entirely supplemental. As an anecdote regarding fruit, have a look at this thread: - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/sweetpoison/eczema-cured-t382.html That is not me BTW, but is an interesting reference point. You will notice they tried to reintroduce it as a trial and they had a reaction 2 hours afterwards. What that person is experiencing is candidasis and/or Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), which is a condition when the upper colon becomes populated by pathogenic microbes which feed on carbohydrates. The primary cause of this is eating foods unnatural to the body, which cannot be digested and lead to overgrowths. If you have an environment that is damp, warm and full of microbes and put any kind of "food" in there, it will be consumed by the microbes. The inside of your body is warm, damp and full of microbes (both good and bad). If you put foods of a natural diet in there (animal products, non-FODMAP plant matter), then the body breaks down the animal products rapidly and the good bacteria in your gut ferment the non-FODMAPs when it hits your lower colon. If you put foods of an unnatural diet in there (amylose, fructose, fructans, lactose etc... FODMAPs) then your body can't break it down and it is fermented by the bad bacteria in your lower colon. That is why dairy causes autoimmune problems for so many people - aside from the casein allergy, the bad bacteria in your gut multiply by feeding off of the undigested lactose (we lose the capacity to produce the enzyme that digests lactose - lactase - around 2 years old as that is when we are supposed to stop breastfeeding). Keep doing that and the bad guys start to overpower the good guys and then they start to travel up into the upper colon, then all hell breaks loose - you have a systemic mold/bacteria infection in your gut, leaky gut syndrome, massive inflammation from toxic by-products of the microbes (mycotoxins from the candida albicans being one of the worst) and a situation where those infections can set up shop in other parts of the body (such as the skin) as secondary infections. You essentially have plant material composting in your stomach. Carb consumption (especially simple sugar consumption) will also raise blood sugar levels, which helps to feed the secondary infections. This is the reason why diabetics are so prone to yeast infections. IIRC the current research now shows that most cases of eczema are just fungal skin infections, but this is nearly always a secondary infection IMO. The reason behind the knees, groin, skin folds etc are primary/classic sites for eczema is because those areas are the dampest and warmest, which is the best condition for yeast to grow. ANYONE WHO WANTS RID OF THEIR PSORIASIS (OR ANY OTHER AUTOIMMUNE PROBLEMS), READ THIS NOW: - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11413927 That is only for 1 family of pathogen - candida species. That does not include other types of yeast or bacteria. Yeast/mold/fungi... it is all the same. Mold allergies are very common... it is a pathogen. The gut flora is complex, there are many different species of yeast and bacteria in there. Blueberry fibre might win the war for some, but not for others as different strains cause different problems. And then there is also the amount of certain strains. You might be being victimised by certain strains but also have populations that feed on blueberry fibre so they can overpower the bad guys and also heal the gut membrane. 1) REMOVE ALL FODMAP FOODS, PROCESSED FOODS, ADDITIVES, CLASSIC ALLERGENS, ALCOHOL AND SUGAR FROM YOUR DIET IMMEDIATELY. 2) Get your CALORIES from good quality animal products. You can supplement those calories with high quality olive oil and some nuts/seeds IF NOT ALLERGIC. 3) Eat smallish amounts of non-FODMAP fermentable fibres (such as those blueberries) 4) Consume plenty good quality coconut oil for the caprylic acid 5) Try to eat as little as you can while your gut heals. 6) Drink plenty water 7) Make sure you are getting plenty D3, K2, A (retinol), folate, DHA, EPA and magnesium. If you look at the dietary recommendations for candidiasis, SIBO, IBS, Crohns, austism, epilepsy, diabetes... they are the same. At very least, they have one thing in common - remove all carbohydrates, processed foods and sugar. Google those conditions and their recommended diets and you will see it is all the same. It's the same diet for tooth decay as well. Because all of these issues are caused by carbohydrate consumption as human beings are limited by their capacity to digest them - some can digest quite a lot of them, others can digest none at all. If even you have the capacity to digest them, existing damage to the gut (overgrowths, villi damage) can make digesting them very difficult - if you have overgrowths of dangerous microbes in the upper colon, they will start feeding on the carbohydrates as soon as it leaves the stomach and before it can be properly broken down. That is why you need to give this time - you need to starve out the bad guys as well as feeding the good guys. It takes time to kill an infection. Be strict, wait it out. READ THIS: - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3934501/ https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-24374/im-an-aesthetician-heres-how-i-finally-cured-my-eczema.html ------------------- Folate, vitamin A: - https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-duchy-organic-chicken-livers/067710-34373-34374 Coconut oil (caprylic acid): - https://www.aldi.co.uk/coco-loco-coconut-oil/p/070350029044100 Coconut milk/cream (lauric acid): - https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-coconut-cream-250ml Vitamin D3, EPA, DHA: - https://groceries.asda.com/product/fish-fillets/asda-cook-from-frozen-salmon-fillets/1000000479198 Excellent quality kiwi (low-FODMAP, highly fermentable): - https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-golden-kiwi--taste-the-difference-x4-685641-p-44 Magnesium explained: - https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/types-of-magnesium/ EVERYONE is deficient in magnesium, you should be supplementing regardless if you are autoimmune or not. And IF NOT ALLERGIC get PROPER quality eggs and eat the yolks. I seem to be sensitive to egg whites but not the yolks (the most common allergen in eggs is the albumin in the whites) so I tend to just eat a lot of yolks. They are vital for K2, which you will find almost nowhere else due to modern farming methods. A good quality egg will have an orange yolk due to the nutrient concentration. Try to get farm-fresh eggs from a local source. Failing that I believe the Clarence Court Eggs (available in UK supermarkets) are excellent quality. https://i.pinimg.com/474x/38/ce/bb/38cebb8671f986860595d819414871e5--organic-eggs-backyard-chickens.jpg I cannot guarantee this will work for everyone or even one person but I STRONGLY recommend giving this a shot. Be strict and give it time. Good luck to all, whether you try my protocol or not.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 2018 14.19 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

.......I got lucky, all I had to do was to add blueberries to my diet. Others may need to also follow these suggestions Phil.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 2018 14.29 by Yoofey (edited Sat 13 Oct 2018 14.33 by Yoofey)

pdr321, One interesting thing about blueberries is that they are also one of the few viable fermentation substrates for L. reuteri, which is the main bacterium passed in the mother's break milk during breastfeeding. L. reuteri is heavily present in the gut of all mammals and it aggressively fights off other pathogens - that is one of the reasons the mother passes it to the infant in the milk and one of the reasons why people who are breastfed tend to have much lower levels of autoimmune issues (the pathogens responsible are kept in check). Blueberry fibre's ability to be a fermentation substrate is most likely another one of the reasons it works so well for people such as yourself. https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/l-reuteri/ https://www.mdpi.com/2306-5710/2/4/37

Posted Sat 13 Oct 2018 17.20 by Yoofey

l-glutamine and collagen: - https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/l-glutamine/10636931.html https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/hydrolysed-collagen-peptide/11067704.html ^^^ the usually have an unflavoured collagen powder but they are out of stock right now. I would wait a few days to see if they get it back in so you are consuming less artificial c**p.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 2018 22.54 by Yoofey

wendy, I completely disagree with you here in regards to the "setting up shop" hypothesis. Candidiasis can be systemic, not just localised. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16922795 "Patients with unspecific symptoms were sometimes tested for Candida. In case of findings of this yeast-like fungus in their stools they often were labelled with the diagnosis of a "Candida-syndrome". This comprises headache, weakness, flatulence, ravenous appetite for sweets, itching skin and several more unspecific symptoms. All 500 randomly sampled patients in 12 mainly naturopathic practices were asked to take part. In case of participation, they received stool-tubes and questionnaires to be answered during the waiting-time by the patients themselves. We asked for details of lifestyle, diseases and a number of unspecific symptoms. The stool-tubes were sent to a microbiological lab within 24 h after being filled. About one-third of all 308 participants carried Candida albicans in their stools. This finding is regarded as normal. Smoking habits were highly associated to Candida: 45 of the 78 smokers (58%), but only 68 of the 230 (29%) non-smokers were Candida positive, P < 0.0001. Three more results were associated with Candida-positive stools: Candida-vaginitis, allergies against food and allergies in general. Hints of a Candida-syndrome could not be found. The relation with smoking cigarettes is a new result. Associations to Candida-vaginitis and allergies were described before." There is a clear correlation between intestinal candida levels and conditions such as candida-vaginitis (fungal vaginitis/thrush). I would suspect psoriasis - especially the "disk shape" types are simply fungal infections persisting in the skin. To kill them off, you have to kill the source in the gut and then make systemic improvements such as reducing sugar intake, populating your body with healthy bacteria who's by-products are antimicrobial and also try using caprylic acid etc. Leaky gut occurs when the gut barrier is damaged by inflammation/fungal damage/bacterial damage, which allows food particles to pass through the gut before digestion. This leads to further autoimmune problems as the body starts to attack those substrates in the belief the body is being invaded. Then starts an allergy cascade - more inflammation leads to more allergies. A vicious circle. I have overcome coeliac since stopping eating wheat/barley/rye. But that went on for a long time, undiagnosed. Just because someone doesn't realise they have intestinal microbe issues doesnt mean they dont have it. It doesn't have to manifest itself as IBS/IBD/Crohn's etc.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 2018 23.46 by warren1 (edited Sat 13 Oct 2018 23.53 by warren1)

Hi Phil, Yoofey has has never had psoriasis, i accept that i assumed that he had and was speaking from experience as many have done on this Psoriasias association thread. The text indicated that he had eczema not psoriasis when i read it again, oops. Yoofey says that "he has never tried blueberries and dosnt need to. also third point he mentions eating smallish amounts of blueberries". This is contrary to what has been the theme of this thread that roughly 20 blueberries a day over a period of 4 to 6 weeks ,more or less, has helped many with psoriasis. Pagano diet, in 'healing psoriasis the natural way' deals with leaky gut syndrum, From the pictures of psoriasis and testimonials this method has proved successful to many. This thread concerning YOUR discovery that blueberries helped your psoriasis has been extreemly helpful to me and many others. It also has the potential to benefit many many more psoriasis sufferers. Could i respectfully suggest that we keep to the general theme of this thread that both You, myself, Chrissie and in recent days a number of others have been helped in relation the Psoriasis desease by simply eating blueberries. Many thanks Phil, this thread has changed my health and improved my quality of life. Warren

Posted Sun 14 Oct 2018 08.30 by sher95 (edited Sun 14 Oct 2018 08.52 by sher95)

Hi! Chrissie and JulieM, Understand from posts above that you also had psoriatic arthritis alongwith psoriasis as part of your condition. Just wanted to check if eating blueberries made any impact on the psoriatic arthritis part of it. While both of you did refer to miraculous improvements in the psoriasis part of it and the skin got better I will be keen to know the results on the arthritis side. Most of the successful users of the blueberry diet treatment have reported that the skin got itchier/flared up and produced more flakes before things improved kind of dramatically. Did you notice a similar pattern of first worsening and then recovery for the psoriatic arthritis condition too (if at all)? I am in the midst of the blueberry diet (one week now) and seeing my psoriatic arthritis worsen. Any thoughts from other sufferers who have psoriatic arthritis in addition to psoriasis would be welcome. Thanks for your advice. Sherry

Posted Sun 14 Oct 2018 12.26 by Chrissie NW

.Hi Yoofy I think you are on the wrong site this is a thread for Psoriasis , not Ez as you have had or have, we discuss Psoriasis problems only. There is a thread for Ez problems and am sure they would like to see your findings there. Chrissie

To take part, sign in or register with us