Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 12.25 by Chrissie NW

I’ve returned but pretty annoyed about the above. I’m afraid you are on the wrong site this is a PSORIASIS BLUEBERRY SITE you need to go to a site with the problem you have. This has proven record from Sir Phil which who has made this site a extremely successful site for all sufferers from mild to chronic sufferers..

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 14.03 by warren1
widespread psoriasis for 30years

Chrissie hi, This is Warren. Remember me? I think you do. You were a great help to me some two years ago when i first followed Sir Phil's discovery regarding blueberries. As you know my skin made a dramatic change for the better after 6 weeks. Thanks to your encouragement to continue. And for the last two years my skin has never been as bad as it used to be. There has been a dramatic improvement in my skin and wellbeing. There are times that i go off blueberries but i soon find the old enemy starting to reappear. I just restart blueberries and away it goes again. I trust you have a similar story. I join with yourself in thanking Sir Phil. Warm wishes, Warren

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 15.01 by rapture83 (edited Tue 9 Jun 2020 15.42 by rapture83)

I’m about week 3 into the blueberries plan, 1 full cup every morning, I’ve not yet seen much difference with the P on my legs and arms, some days it looks pale and pink like something is happening then the next day it’s darker again and vice verser, it’s having no effect on my scalp at all so far. Is this the same as others, do I keep doing what I’m doing and it should work? Also, on my legs and arms I’m pretty sure it’s guttate psoriasis I have as it’s a few coin sized ones and the rest are smaller red blob-like Psorasis spots, should blueberries work for this type of psoriasis also? Thanks

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 17.03 by Chrissie NW

Hi Warren, great hearing from you, I’m the same as you it keeps Re-appearing, it doesn’t seem two years does it, when really we were both bad and Sir Phil’the Magic Blueberry Man made us eat blueberries and what a surprise for both of of us clear at last I think back and am sure I was about 6 weeks like you, I haven’t been to good over the pass year, I lost my great pal who died of that dreadful and horrible disease Motor Nureone, horrible I had a massive shock and my skin went crazy then my Goddaughter lost her baby born to early and didn’t survive then the skin went crazy again and now during this pandemic it’s gone crazy again I’m a mess so the blueberries are on my shopping list once again, I live on my own and it’s dreadful I do have one which is damage so I was confined to barracks since 16 Feb and I’m still confined, talking to four walls, the Welsh Shirley Valentine!!! How are you in Ireland I hope all is well and you are safe. Well it’s lovely hearing from you Warren and I will be back on the site telling my progress. Regards. Chrissie

Posted Tue 9 Jun 2020 17.09 by Chrissie NW

Warren I appear to make mistakes which i usually do, I never read it back to look for error, but it should read...........I have one damaged lung which makes me a vulnerable person Toodaloo

Posted Sat 13 Jun 2020 07.44 by Pladecalvo

pdr321 is the owner of the largest blueberry farm in Europe. Just joking! Thanks pdr. I'm going to try your blueberry remedy too.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 2020 08.14 by Objectivité

I am one of the earlier persons who corroborated the effects of blueberries on psoriasis. It works. But .... One word of caution however : if you do not have a good tolerance of aspirin because of what it does to your stomach (e.g. people with very acidic stomach, reflux, or who need to take Gaviscon or Omeproazole at various times in their lives), then do not do the Blueberries diets. Blueberries are one of the fruit with the highest content of salicylates, or, in a simplistic manner, natural aspirin effectively. I have had stomach problems all my life and doing the Blueberries diet did get rid of my psoriasis for a few months until my daily consumption of what was effectively two aspirins every morning, ended up with me getting a stomach ulcer which eventually perforated and the inflammatory condition brought about by this intolerance to aspirin / Blueberries' salicylates, eventually created a general inflammation in my body, and stress, which simply brought back Psoriasis. Luckily, being initially sceptical about the Blueberries diet, I had monitored my intake and, one day, while in excruciating stomach pain despite medication, I wondered if it might be related with taking a bowl of blueberries every morning, so I went back over my notes, researched "Blueberries allergy" and low and behold the first search results were all about : if you have an allergy to Blueberries it is most likely because you have a problem with salicylates and aspirin, and then the penny dropped. Took the research to the doctor and hospital and they corroborated that I had found the reason. So I had to come off Blueberries. So, a summary : Blueberries do work but only if you are a person who can tolerate aspirin every day. Unfortunately I am not.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 2020 21.10 by lincolnmcc (edited Tue 16 Jun 2020 21.13 by lincolnmcc)

Objectivité- Sorry to hear about your troubles with blueberries since it was working so well for you initially. I recall that you were at first taking 11 in the AM and another 11 in the PM. Sometime later you mentioned you were taking about 60 grams per day which would seem to be closer to 35-40 blueberries, although my perspective is from the UK where supermarket blueberries tend to be pretty small. I just bought a 150g packet for £2 at Sainsbury's for example and counted them all, 95 in total. So 20 blueberries as Phil and Warren suggested early in the thread, is roughly around 30 grams. Are you able to try again using 30 grams daily as opposed to 60? Hopefully you won't react so badly? As for myself, I am new to this thread, I have just finished reading it in its entirety in one sitting. I'm aged 30, male, and I've had plaque and guttate psoriasis since the age of 12 when it appeared as a coin-sized rash on my face. It is concentrated on most of my scalp, ears, face, and small bits on the rest of my body. With that said, I'm currently about 80% clear as I've been on methotrexate the last two years, however it doesn't seem as effective anymore (it never fully cleared up anyway) and my hair recently started very aggressively thinning, very unnaturally quickly, over the last 6 weeks so have stopped the methotrexate as hair-loss is an observed side-effect to hop onto a more natural solution. The fact that it's on my face and head means I have less psoriasis but still feels 'severe enough' to me as it's highly visible. 15th June - Just yesterday I began a 'skin diet' advertised by Jason Value and Hannah Sillitoe, both very similar but I found very helpful reading through both. The focus is to start with a 3 day cleanse based on green juices, following by slowly introducing alkaline foods over a 4 week period, with daily supplements. From what I understand, this should 'reset' my digestive system and slowly test for triggers. This is while avoiding nightshades, refined sugar, processed foods, alcohol, and other obviously unhealthy foods. The whole plan is about 30 days after which it should be clear if it's causing any improvement or not. If you knew me, you'd know my diet is not the best. But I'm currently at the end of the 2nd day (first 3 days are the most difficult as they are green juices only with some fruits OK, food starts on day 4 onwards) - and so far I can say it's been pretty easy - if you have the willpower. 16th June - Today I have also just started my daily 20 blueberries. I will update the thread in about a month to let you all know how it goes.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 2020 21.26 by Pladecalvo

Does blueberry juice work. It's not practical for me to buy fresh berries because I live too far from a town to go in more than once a month?

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 13.02 by PhilD

Hello! 52-year-old male with mild psoriasis for about 20 years. I'm a vegetarian, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke and exercise daily. I mostly eat eggs, nuts, cheese, hummus (lots), fresh vegetables, and fruit I'm in extremely good physical health overall with no other medical conditions and take no medications. Despite concerted efforts, the psoriasis patches I have have (6 nickel-size patches on my back and maybe a quarter of my scalp involved mostly around the hairline) never gotten much worse nor have they gotten any better. Exactly two weeks ago I began eating fresh blueberries and also taking a blueberry concentrate pill daily. No other changes were made to my diet or lifestyle. The stubborn psoriasis spots that have not changed for 20 years have almost completely disappeared! The scalp is a bit more stubborn but is also about 60% improved at this point and appears to be getting better steadily. Just wanted to share this in case it was helpful for those who suffer much more than I do who I feel tremendously for. I am certain the blueberries have caused this change because I am 100% positive that no other changes were made in my lifestyle. A special thanks to those who have brought this to light and also a message for those who suffer severe psoriasis, you are not alone and there are many people out there who care about this issue and care about you! Phil D Pennsylvania USA

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 18.37 by raja123

HI Phil Thanks for sharing your experience , May I ask if you drink Dairy or intake Carbs (bread ) or Sugar. For me , diet seems to be a trigger , I am going to try the concentrated Buleberry pil . Raj

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 19.06 by PhilD

I do not drink milk, eat yogurt or ice cream but I am not completely dairy free because I do love to eat Swiss cheese with my grapes 😁 As far as sugar, I don't eat any candy, cakes or put sugar in any of my food so I guess I don't really eat sugar. I do often have a sandwich on whole grain bread with seeds (I use something called Dave's bread, not sure if it's available where you are). Other regular habits...every morning I drink a liter of water immediately up on making before having anything else. I also drink two cups of black coffee every morning. I agree that diet is the key, not just for psoriasis, but for overall well-being. I hope this helps.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 20.22 by Pladecalvo

What quantity of blueberries should I eat. I have quite mild psoriasis?

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 20.57 by PhilD

Probably everybody is different but I have been eating moderate amounts of blueberries spaced throughout the day. For example, I may eat a few spoonfuls in the morning, then as a snack before lunch and another after lunch and then some before bed. In each case eating maybe a quarter cup for a total consumption of around a cup a day which I believe is equal to one serving. Of course I ate lots of other stuff too because I exercise frequently, but this is how I've been taking the blueberries.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 21.32 by raja123

Thanks Phil for the quick reply , I have had mild Psoriasis till 33 (started at 10 and I am 41 now) . I live in DC suburbs . from 33 to 40 , there was a rapid increase , I attribute it to over eating . Good to know that you aren't eating much Sugar , I will cut it down and see . I always tried to avoid bread in general.good to know you eat often. I will try your suggestions and will update you , how it goes. Thanks Raj

Posted Sat 20 Jun 2020 21.58 by Dodger_girl (edited Sat 20 Jun 2020 21.59 by Dodger_girl)

I noticed I can try to get a flare when I have too much sugar. Definitely dairy. And eggs also make me flare. I can't thank everyone enough again for sharing about the blueberries! Such a blessing!

Posted Tue 23 Jun 2020 13.42 by PhilD

Halfway through my third week of daily blueberry eating. The three or four spots on my back are no longer recognizable as psoriasis. I can still see them because I know where they are but they are just little pinkish patches now. I have a tiny spot on my side that is still there but has improved. My scout continues to improve with just a few minor flakes here and there but much easier to manage. This is definitely the most significant change in my psoriasis in the 20 years or so that I've had it. I wonder what other wonderful things are happening inside my body because of the blueberries :-) In any event, there does not appear to be any significant downside to eating blueberries everyday so I hope that you will try it as well!

Posted Wed 24 Jun 2020 19.02 by Baldwin

Update from my original post on May 20, 2020. Psoriasis is clearing very well. I'm now at around 35 total sessions of UVB every other day and plan to decrease frequency after 42 sessions (12 weeks). I've been eating blueberries every day for around 2 months. Over the past few weeks I have increased daily quantity. I have about 1/2 to 1 cup per day in the morning before I eat anything else. I've had a mix of frozen farmed, frozen wild, and fresh farmed. Most of the time they are frozen and thawed in the fridge. Tough to say if it's the blueberries or the UVB that is doing the work, but the improvement has been great. Hopefully it'a a mix of both. I plan to eventually use UVB only once a week (or less) and continue eating blueberries everyday over the long term.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 2020 08.52 by Nikhil Dalmia
Learner, Entrepreneur at Aldan HealthCare, Giver, Marketer, Creator, Inquisitive

It’s the fact that people with Psoriasis do react differently to different dietary changes… same as they react differently to medical treatments. However, majority of the people suffering from Psoriasis have been reported positive about blueberries… So, with this, it is obviously clear that blueberries are effective, when its about Psoriasis Cure. Blueberries have been even referred as ‘Psoriasis Super Fruit’. Blueberries do comprise high anti-inflammatory properties… They comes packed with Vitamin C, and are very good source of fiber. Blueberries moreover do comprise manganese, which do support bone health. So, with all these, it’s a proven fact that blueberries are good for Psoriasis.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 2020 17.29 by Pladecalvo (edited Thu 25 Jun 2020 17.30 by Pladecalvo)

On my 4th day of blueberries. Eating 125g per day. No change yet but didn't expect any yet.

To take part, sign in or register with us