Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 07.27 by Pladecalvo

@ JadeOrr1 Happy to hear that they worked for you. Unfortunately, they didn't work for me but, win some loose some! Happy for you. Keep it up!

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 09.22 by SharonG

@Pladecalvo So sorry to hear this from you - you started at the same time as me! :( Perhaps it's not always the BB's - everyone is different - Did you have them every day? At first I didn't stick with it - hit and miss to be honest - but now I make sure to have them every day. Only time will tell - I hope it eases for you soon - it is all trial and error with this horrible condition. Take care and stays safe matey.

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 17.06 by Skbblr

@pdr321 thanks mate 🙏 Thanks @SharonG Dear All Couple of factors are responsible for it if I consider my case 1 tomato in any form 2 red meat 3 alcohol smoking (I don't drink now) 4 Nightshed vegetables 5 Sweet sugar milk items 6 soft drinks I am happy that I'm not taking above I consulted my doctor and told him about the progress and psoriasis association In his prescription he wrote to continue my diet with blueberries It dint work for me initially but its started working after few weeks. So fo not lose hope. If you get any update on wuhan covid19 vaccination update for psoriasis patients please update. Take care and stay safe

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 17.40 by JH2020

Just to update on my situation: I’ve been eating 20/40 blueberries a day for 5 weeks. In line with me coming off of ciclosporin. My psoriasis starts in Guttate form and it is slowly getting worse again so I’m not sure the blue berries are working for me which is a shame. I have an appointment with my consultant on Monday with a view to start on Humira. I was hoping the blueberries would work so I wouldn’t have to take any more meds but the signs so far are that my psoriasis will get progressively worse as it did before I was on any medication.

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 22.03 by Pladecalvo

@SharonG. Yes Sharon. Had them every day and it seems to me that the condition got worse. Tried for about 8 weeks but had to go back to Estilar and that is controling it with a once a week application. Bought a tub of blueberries last week, just to try again and sure enough, within one day there was a flare up. I think I must be allergic to them. It was worth a try.

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 22.27 by SharonG (edited Wed 9 Dec 2020 22.28 by SharonG)

@Pladecalvo Aww so so sorry to hear that :( Maybe a different type of antioxidants might help - it's all trial and error - just don't give up trying - I am lucky right now but who knows if it will last - Time will tell. Have you tried CBD repair cream? 250mg I am using this now too to help heal the ravages of the PPP! All so far so good. But.......I am not holding my breath - I don't like recommending stuff in case it does more harm than good :( But CBD isn't hurting me at the moment. Take care my friend. Stay safe vaccine is on it's way.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 2020 07.21 by Pladecalvo

@SharonG No, I haven't tried CBD. I use ISDIN Psorisdin cream.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 2020 10.58 by SharonG

@ Pladecalvo I will check out ISDIN Psorisdin cream. If this CBD stops working - thanks - all the very best to you for a 'painfree' Christmas.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 2020 10.28 by GabrielleAussie (edited Mon 14 Dec 2020 10.58 by GabrielleAussie) - 42 from Brisbane
Psoriasis nail sufferer 4 years

I'm from Australia and was drawn to this discussion when I heard about the blue berries. I've used another berry that has worked for me. I have a psoriasis nail for 4 years which all the doctors misdiagnose as a fungus infection when it isn't. They are not able to grow any cultures from my nail and no fungus treatment works. It has never spread to other nails! However when ever I eat large quantities of the Macqui Berry powder from Peru, (a deep purple berry) in a couple of months my nail will almost entirely grow back! Also in Chinese medicine they have used a purple/blue powder called I think Qing Dai for psoriasis treatment. I have not tried the Chinese treatment. This is another plant. All these natural treatments have a bluey purple something in common. Interesting! I will now try the blue berries. Thank you and God Bless you.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 2020 19.02 by SharonG

@GabrielleAussie Thank you for sharing - most interesting - I will take that onboard if I have another flare up or should that be when? Mmm My next stop was going to be a Chinese lady that I know of so I will keep a note and ask her about Macqui Berry powder and Qing Dai - if and when I do I will report back - thank you and All the Best :)

Posted Tue 15 Dec 2020 10.18 by Stephanie1990

Hi all, I have suffered with P for many years but this is the first time it has formed on my eyelids. They are so dry and itchy, steroid cream is not touching it. Any advice please? Thanks

Posted Tue 15 Dec 2020 10.34 by SharonG

@Stephanie1990 I would avoid steroid cream as it makes the skin too thin? I would try anything that soaks in? I am using CBD repair cream on my feet (so far so good) but not sure if it is suitable for eyes - check it out first - difficult area to treat I am sure :(

Posted Tue 15 Dec 2020 19.15 by SharonG

@Stephanie1990 I emailed the company that supply CBD repair cream - they say it hasn't been tested on eyes and would advise against using it on your eyes in case you got it IN your eyes! So sorry - it's a NO for CBD cream for eyes.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 2020 11.39 by des78

Hello all of you. I have psoriasis 20 years and every year it gets worse. My back is almost 50%, i have also in my arms and legs. What helped me was the sea and the sun but it' not easy for me because my job. I want to ask you if the results are the same with dried or frozen blueberries. You can't find fresh blueberries all the year. Thank you.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 2020 15.43 by SharonG

@des78. I think that they both have the same goodness and antioxidants - I personally just prefer the fresh and we can get them here in the UK all year round luckily :) I have also tried the dried ones - they are like currants - I like those too - so far so good - my 'P' is under control - for now. Good Luck

Posted Sun 20 Dec 2020 12.34 by Willowbank224

Sounds promising so will try. What treatment were you on when you started taking the blueberries?

Posted Sun 20 Dec 2020 19.52 by SharonG

@Willowbank224 I was using dermovate ointment but it wasn't helping :( Blueberries - cooler weather and really not walking as much as I have it on the soles of my feet - I use to walk 3 miles 3 times a week - sadly I do not want to go back to this as it might flare up again - the summer will be the tester for me - I am looking to get an exercise bike now just to keep the pounds off!! I love walking but it might not be a possibility - I will try but if it flares :( I will have to stop! Good Luck with BB's - I only have ten per day - also I have found a smoothie - Blueberries and Blackcurrant in Morrisons (I am in the UK) it really is delicious too :)

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 07.59 by shappobunny

@SharonG You are so lovely for replying to everyone! It brings a smile to my face :) I know that many people have mentioned that it took about 3-4 weeks to see changes and you mentioned it took 4 months. When about did you start seeing changes? I’m at the 4 week mark now and it only seems to be getting worse... Thanks again!

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 08.56 by SharonG

@shappobunny Hi - Thank You - I do try to respond :) I had a break out that started in February - I started the BB's in July but I was a bit hit and miss :( Middle of August I really started to eat them every day - I would say my feet started to look and feel better from about October onwards - it hasn't completely gone but it really is 100% better. As I have said before it could be cooler weather less walking and the BB's? These things could be something and nothing - all I know is that it is greatly improved - but psoriasis can be like this! If I find something that seems to work I stick with it - time alone will tell. :) If it is making it worse - much worse? then maybe they are not for you - if you have time to read all of the thread there are some that is hasn't worked for I am sorry to say that to you. :( Just go with how it feels for you? Good Luck :)

Posted Mon 21 Dec 2020 12.59 by Rsn70

Hi Everyone, sorry for mistakes, English is not my language. I am 50 years old and I have had psoriasis since I was 25. I had been taking an immunosuppressant medicine called skilarence since september and I was really worried because I had not seen great improvements despite the heavy side effects …….. Last month, In a moment of serious discomfort, I searched the web and found your forum…… I don't know how to express the gratitude I have towards you, you have changed my life. I found the blueberries forum and realized it was my chance to heal after so many years. After finding out your forum tree weeks ago, I started on the blueberries and I gradually reduced skilarence until tree days ago when I decide to stop it definitely. After tree weeks my psoriasis is slowly clearing up and the itching is almost disappeared: this is a miracle for me. Thank you again. I would like to find a way to spread my experience here in Italy and I will try to do it in every way. Thanks again and God bless you. Rossana

To take part, sign in or register with us