sleepless nights

Posted Wed 29 Mar 2017 04.49 by jadejones (edited Wed 29 Mar 2017 04.50 by jadejones)

Hi all, I am new to this site but was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I am 20 years old and have had psriosis for about a year. I am currently having the light therapy treatment that was working well until I got extremely bad tonsilitis. Now I am covered about 70% of my body from head to toe. I cannot sleep at night! I have been awake every night until early hours (4-6), when I am lucky. My skin is so sore and itchy that I just can't sleep. Can anyone recommend any tips? I use moisturiser regularly and have tried antihistamines to stop the itching but nothing seems to work. I am literally exhausted everyday and feel like I need this sorting or am going to make myself ill. Thank you!

Posted Wed 29 Mar 2017 08.11 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi Firstly make appointment with your GP. He will prescribe something or arrange for you to see a dermatologist. Try soaking in a bath with oilatum emollient which you can get in the chemist in baby or beauty section. wear cotton fabrics next to your skin. You could try calomine cream or lotion which relieves itching. Sometimes having a long cool shower will help temporarily.Try not to get to hot and stressed. Easier said than done. I do hope you are sorted soon.

Posted Sat 1 Apr 2017 01.22 by jadejones

Thank you I will try all if the above and hope that it helps. Thank you!

To take part, sign in or register with us