combined pill?

Posted Sun 9 Apr 2017 22.34 by mezlizt

Hi everyone, This website says ' A flare-up of psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress or anxiety, injury to skin, hormonal changes, or certain infections or medications.' does anyone think using the combined pill could be a trigger? I did use the pill for 1 yr before psoriasis.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 2017 16.12 by Metarie1985
Beauty standard ignorer, unapologetic P sufferer for 10 years, determined to stay positive!

The birth control pill actually regulates the hormones in your body so I think it's unlikely but everyone is different. When I wasn't using anything hormone based birth control my skin would change during my cycle but I saw no difference when I went back on the combined pill, or when using the 3 monthly injection for 2 years. It's a mystery why our skin does what it does. Have you had any nasty throat infections? Strep is my trigger, I can eat, drink and smoke cigarettes as much as I want but the only thing that really sparks it is strep, by the time I've realised I've got it, it's too late :(

Posted Tue 11 Apr 2017 21.08 by Andly Lai

Hi Mezlizt, I noticed that you are looking for combination treatment but not sure how it will perform, and I deeply feel that what our team is working on is definitely important, especially for patients who would like to search information online, just like you! I'm a member of a patient self-education platform project team in Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. And psoriasis is our entry point. We really want some advice and insights from real patients to help us to improve the patient journey so to provide treatment information and user experience patients really want. Would you be willing to take part in simply by answering some questions from your position? Please reply me or directly email me if you want: qizhilai@seas.upenn.edu. Thanks and best wishes for you!!

To take part, sign in or register with us