19yo Male just started flaring up

Posted Wed 12 Apr 2017 17.56 by Itchyarms

I'm 19 years old and a male, about a year ago I started getting dermatitis on my hands and it made an impact on my work. as I'm a plumber I'm very hands on, so I'm constantly getting dusty and dry skin whether I like it or not. But around a month or two ago I've slowly been flaring up with psoriasis on my arms and legs, I've not yet gone to the doctors about this as I've read up on a lot of sites saying they just give you steroid creams which is all I was given for my dermatitis which did not work. At the moment I'm trying the homeopathic stuff.. Whether it works or not I don't know I'm just trying to grab at anything that will get rid. But I was just wondering whether anyone has any advice or info as it's making a big impact on my home and work life and is quite depressing to say the least, Thanks.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 2017 21.50 by madina_jade

I understand how it is impacting your life, I have big patches all on my legs and suffer with it on my scalp too, it makes me so self conscious, it's stopped me going swimming, wearing summer dresses, etc... also I'm constantly anxious with my hair, washing it everyday, constantly brushing it to get rid of the flakes, it really does impact life. I've recently tried coconut oil after baths and I use an e45 spray lotion (not as greasy) and although it hasn't cleared it, it helps the itchyness/soreness. It impacts my work life too, it's always pointed out and questioned, so I brought a medicated shampoo, that helps again deal with the itch but doesn't get rid of the visible problem. Hope this helps a little :)

To take part, sign in or register with us