I need something different.....

Posted Tue 18 Apr 2017 12.23 by leahnelsonxo

I've had psorisasis since I was about 3 years old-I'm 18 now. It's exhausting having the bloody condition!!! I've been using various creams that the GP reccomended to me, including betamethasone, dovobet: the betamethasone has worked the best so far but only for a short time and I hate how greasy and makes me feel disgusting :( is there anything else I can go on? My aunt takes tablets but I don't know if I'm too young.... I've also had light therapy but the doctors are unsure whether to let me go for more.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 2017 14.44 by GeorgeJ

I have been using Psoriaseze cream. Found it on eBay. It is all natural, so I thought I would give it a try. I agree with you that having Psoriasis is nasty and debilitating. You having it since you were so little is totally unfair. You said that you have had light therapy? Did it help? I have read a lot about it, and it seems to help a lot of people. I don't want to take any of the new pills out there because of how dangerous they seem- side effects like cancer and deadly infection do not sound much better than Psoriasis. I only got the Psoriaseze about a week ago. It is certainly soothing the itch and redness, but too early to tell if it will do anything else. I hope you find something that helps you.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 2017 14.47 by leahnelsonxo

The light therapy did work, I had it in little doses, 6 minute slots 3 days a week for about 6 weeks...it reduced the itchiness and redness so I would recommend. I'll give the cream you use a try, better than nothing isn't it!

Posted Wed 19 Apr 2017 02.13 by GeorgeJ

Certainly a lot better than nothing! It has helped me tremendously. I am a bit wary of trying the light therapy- I work outdoors in South Texas, if any kind of UV helped, I think it would have done already. The PsoriasEze stuff certainly takes the itch and burning away, and did so within three days.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 2017 02.34 by Joxx

I'm covered in p too, and Doctor says I'm too young for any oral medication, I know how you feel it's horrible to live with I refuse to use all the oils and creams because I hate feeling greasy and it goes everywhere everything I touch I hate it!! Especially with my scalp psoriasis it takes days to get out my hair, I've just tried sorion shampoo, it's not cheap but I seen a difference after first wash! And have just ordered the cream as I don't get my hopes up too much with trying new things because different things work for different people but it seems to calm down the scales on my head so hopefully the cream will do the same its my last try at a cream tho I hate them, I'd see the point if they worked!! I hope you find what works for you. I've been at light therapy for a month or 2 now and personally I don't see a massive difference but I'll give it more time, I hope you feel better:( x

Posted Wed 19 Apr 2017 05.45 by GeorgeJ

Thanks! You too.

To take part, sign in or register with us