Rebounds from steroid creams

Posted Sun 14 May 2017 20.56 by Welsh_dan85

Okay, I think it's safe to say my body doesn't like steroid creams. About a month ago I had betnovate, started to clear I stopped the treatment it came back as angry as ever. Was then given dovobet, started to clear, eased myself off it and surprise surprise it's returned. Anyone else have these experiences? I'm starting light therapy in 2 weeks, so just wishing and praying it works. I'm so fed up now, so hard to keep positive about this, especially when stress is my trigger.

Posted Sun 14 May 2017 21.08 by Becki

The same thing always happened to me with steroid creams, I've had light treatment and it does work, but after a few months it tends to come back again. How bad have you got P?

Posted Mon 15 May 2017 11.32 by Welsh_dan85

Hi Becki It's quite bad at the moment. Guttate everywhere, I'm going private for the light therapy so fingers crossed it doesn't come back. Stress tends to trigger mine, so if I can see the uv working I will feel better about it.

Posted Tue 16 May 2017 19.39 by adamc

Always get rebounds when using steroid creams,the thing to remember with these creams it's like painting over the rust on a car will look ok for a while but sooner or later the rust will start to show again, it's not treating the root cause which I believe is different for everybody . I have cut all dairy out and have seen a 90% inprovement although I have had phototherpy treatment recently. I do put my improvement down to lifestyle changes hope this helps

Posted Tue 16 May 2017 19.47 by adamc

Hey Dan just seen you said you have guttate psoriasis everywhere, did you get this flare after tonsilitis and if so have you had it treated with antibiotics, if not would Advise getting a course of antibiotics to kill of the strep bacteria before your light treat otherwise it will take a long time to clear as I found out myself mate

To take part, sign in or register with us