Ciclosprin

Posted Tue 23 May 2017 12.24 by janey3038

Hi I am on my 4th day of taking Ciclosporin and no change at the moment but have noticed a tingling in my my hands at work today nothing not manageable though. Some advice needed though my derm advised no exposure to any form of sunshine however we have a family holiday booked for end of August. Is this advice just a precaution they have to give and can I go in sun with a high factor on with not too many risks attached, plus how the sun in this country? Any advice would be appreciated x

Posted Fri 2 Jun 2017 14.43 by DodgeWC51

Hi, I've had six months of it so may be able to give you some advice. The tingiling in the hands and mouth, yes, that seems quite common. You will be having regular blood test, , at one time I thought of fitting a tap to my arm. The dermatolgist will slowly raise the dose till it shows results then lower to maintinece. if it was proscribed then there will be have been a very good reason, it's not dished out like smarties, my doctor tells me I'm the only one of his patients on it. Sunshine, in moderate doses is not a problem, use a high factor screen if the skin will stand it, but the advice to anyone is to limit exposure to sunlight. Check out a supplier like Cotswold (I have one near me so that's why the name) they sell clothing with high protection factor, and get a decent hat! Much undervalued bit of kit. One problem you may get because of the Cyclosporin is dehydration, make sure you have fluid with you at all times and read up on the symptoms of heat stroke and dehydration , good advice anyway for hot climates. Follow the advice and try to take the doses within a couple of hours of a set time, if you miss a dose it can make you feel a bit nasious and generally fluiy. That dissappears about twenty or thirty minutes after the next dose. Anything else I can try and answer let me know.

To take part, sign in or register with us