dating with psoriasis

Posted Thu 25 May 2017 21.57 by bobby

Think your best of with someone with the same problem as you

Posted Tue 30 May 2017 20.02 by priceless

May be your right. At least they know something of what your going through.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 2017 15.07 by Katie

True my other half doesnt really understand

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 13.29 by Mclaren5

I've not dated in 7 years and as my psoriasis has worsened over the last month I just cannot even think about a date. I'm in no way vain but it's got to a ridiculous stage now. I'd rather stay single for the rest of my life than reveal the extent of this horrible condition to a woman.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 14.56 by Rich

Hey mate I know how you feel your not alone in this although you must feel alone i do understand is it hideable? If so then conceal it and date if you find a nice girl I guarantee she will be fine with it Stay strong Bro

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 14.59 by Rich

Hey Katie I know what you mean unless someone has P they will never ever begin to understand keep your chin up

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 22.04 by Scotty

I get how it can be easier to be with someone who has it as well and understands. However I've been with my partner for 3 years this July and we're expecting our first baby in less than a month. She knows I have it, see's it, touches it and even helps me with treatments and it doesn't phase her. The problem is not psoriasis, it's the person. Like anyone looking for love if the person cannot appreciate who you are for what you are then they are not worth the time or bother. It may take longer to find that special person but it is worth it. Don't lower yourself or your standards because of something you can't help or they cannot appreciate and understand. :)

Posted Mon 26 Jun 2017 15.35 by ali2192

My partner has had P for almost ten years now, we have been together for 3 and a half years and I don't have it. Mclaren5, it breaks my heart that you feel that way - Rich and Scotty are totally right. The right person for you will not see what you see, they will see the beautiful person underneath and that is who they will fall in love with. My partner is struggling to cope at the moment, if anyone has any tips on coping mechanisms or even how you would like your partner to deal with it then please let me know. I love him so much and I don't know what to do or say for the best anymore.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 2017 16.07 by Rich

Hey Ali your bf is sooo lucky to have someone that is so concerned she would go into P forums looking for help for him that really is a special thing my partner is supportive but doesn't really understand and is certainly not supportive to the extent that you have gone to. You can't tell him this but he should take hope from having such a damn fine gf I hope he appreciates you. As far as advice goes its very hard nobody's experience of P is the same and there is certainly nothing that can be said to reassure him. You might want to check out the research section of this website there are clinical trial options on there which are different from the crap that gp's offer which is woefully bad. I have signed up for a couple and am hoping for positive results. Help him by buying him clothes to cover his P avoiding suggestions that could require him to uncover....... And this will sound weird but touch his affected areas as if it's the most natural thing in the world when in bed etc (if you are comfortable with it) these things will help good luck and keep your chin up xx

Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 10.08 by ali2192

Rich that's a lovely thing to say thank you, I genuinely just want to make his life better and see him happy again. No I won't tell him that I've gone onto a forum, he would feel too embarrassed. I'll suggest the research studies but I think I know what he'll say as he's not open to new studies etc. due to previous bad experiences. He won't even try using Epsom salts in the bath. Yeah I touch his skin all the time, sometimes I can see him looking at me waiting for some sort of reaction but I honestly don't see his affected areas any different to the rest of him. Thank you so much for listening to me whinge, I hope you and your partner are also really happy together :) Take care x

Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 10.20 by Rich

Hi Ali Your very welcome, I'm sorry it's hard for him to try new stuff it must be very difficult knowing that you need to try stuff to move forward but he is not willing to, that's sad. I do love my partner so much and I know she is OK with my P as are my kids but am still very self conscious and hate to be exposed I'll wear jeans and long tops in the middle of summer!! Anyway I do hope that your partner finds some peace living with P and that you manage to push him in the direction he needs to go but won't do alone. Keep strong and good luck :) xx

To take part, sign in or register with us