Eumovate - experiences?

Posted Thu 8 Jun 2017 11.31 by lurcherlover

Hi, I have moderately bad psoriasis on my arms, on my elbows, all the way down my forearms to my wrists plus patches on my legs and one or two on my body, Enough to make me self conscious in the summer wearing short sleeves. I am going on holiday to Asia in about 6 weeks time and will be spending time with old friends and would love to have clearer skin even if just for that holiday. The dermatologist refused me light treatment as she said it was not bad enough. She suggested exorex which makes no difference to the scales even after several months. I have tried Dovobet before and it gave me dermatitis so I don't want to use that. She has given me some eumovate ointment to use as a short term measure for the holiday. I have been using it once a day for a few days and have already seen a positive difference with no apparent side effects. The patches look flatter and less inflamed, although still red. The main thing I am worried about is that some people have said they get a rebound afterwards and the psoriasis gets worse. I have read of people getting pustular psoriasis all over as a result! What are other people's experiences with Eumovate? Do you think as I am not going on holiday for 6 weeks I should stop using it and start again a couple of weeks before I go? Or use it enough to clear it up and then stop? Thanks all.

Posted Thu 8 Jun 2017 11.53 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

It's difficult to advise as I cannot see you before and during the Eumovate treatment. Now if it was me and I notice an improvement, I would carry on to loose as much of the P as possible and then fly off to Asia and let the sunlight work it's magic. Eumovate is clobetasone butyrate which falls into the topical steroid category, so use it sparingly as it will eventually cause your skin to grow through somewhat thinner with repeated use. Good luck and don't forget to come back and let us all know how you enjoyed the magnificent healing sun :thumbup:

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2023 07.23 by joselurdeskiala (edited Mon 20 Mar 2023 06.30 by joselurdeskiala)

Psoriasis Cream - https://hespac.com/psoriasisen.htm Purchased this for my father, works wonderful. Takes care of all the itchy, flaky areas including the scalp. Highly recommend this product.

Posted Fri 27 Jan 2023 18.00 by Zoseby

I’ve used it on my face and ears in ointment form for years. It’s great and never had any side effects and it’s never made it worse. Would recommend it for face and more sensitive areas no bother

Posted Mon 13 Feb 2023 12.10 by leejacks

Its one of the mildest steroid treatments so give it a go. I use it if i have flare ups on my hands, face gentials etc. I tend to use it for a few days then give my skin a rest for a while.

To take part, sign in or register with us