Can I use Sun lotion? If so, which one?

Posted Sun 23 Jul 2017 17.32 by EdithW

I have only recently been diagnosed with plaque psoriasis. The dermatologist has prescribed Dovobet, Enstillar and emulsifying lotion to use as soap. He also advised against using any scented/commercial products. My husband and I are going to Florida on holiday. Can anybody tell me what sun lotion to use? I always use a high SPF factor one since some of my skin does not have any pigment at all. But now I am at a loss as to what to use?

Posted Sun 23 Jul 2017 17.41 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

To be on the safe side go and seek advice from your GP and then you will know what will be best for your skin and it's P.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 2017 17.48 by EdithW

thank you for the advice! I am really new to dealing with the condition. My husband keeps telling me not to worry about people looking at me. He is absolutely right, I am doing everything I can to control it, but sometimes I feel like hiding away at home and not going out.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 2017 14.30 by thin-skinned (edited Mon 24 Jul 2017 14.31 by thin-skinned)
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I can fully understand why he told you not to worry about what other people think and of course that is top notch advice, BUT sometimes that is easier said than done and the more you tend to hide away the more you want to; so try to ignore other people when out and about by try wearing tinted sun glasses and that way they wont be able to see which way tyou are looking and you can ignore them. I have found yellow clip-ons work well for me as I wear glasses all the time for vision correction and now I couldn't care less so I go out and live my life as normally as possible. Anything else the forum can help you with, pop in and I'm sure someone will offer advice from their own experiences. Edited for typos

To take part, sign in or register with us