NAIL PSORIASIS

Posted Mon 24 Jul 2017 13.34 by markieM
Psychologically, emotionally and physically.

Please can anyone give me any info on the best treatments for nail psoriasis which I suffer from leaving my nails brittle weak and unsightly. I have used all manner of expensive hand-creams all to no avail but have never used anything on prescription. Thank you for any advice u can give me. MARK

1 Posted Mon 24 Jul 2017 16.21 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Has this actually been diagnosed? I ask because it is very rare for nails alone to be affected as the P usually has a grip somewhere else on the body or even psoriatic arthritis has set in.

1 Posted Tue 25 Jul 2017 10.32 by markieM
Psychologically, emotionally and physically.

I did not say my nails alone are affected. I have had full body psoriasis since I was a child but I was posting on here about nail psoriasis to gain any advice.

Posted Thu 3 Aug 2017 14.13 by Anya123

My daughter had severe Psorisis affecting all her nails on both hands and feet. There is a fantastic medicated nail varnish called Veralac that can be bought online in Canada. It took 2 months of applying the clear varnish daily before bed before we saw a significant difference but it completely made her condition go away. She uses it before bed every night I can not recommend it enough. We tried all sorts of cortisone treatments and nothing worked. This product is brilliant

Posted Thu 3 Aug 2017 14.40 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

The only OTC medicated nail treatment here in the UK is a pricy £21.99 (for 3ml) from Boots. http://www.boots.com/boots-pharmaceuticals-once-weekly-fungal-nail-treatment-medicated-nail-lacquer-3ml-10165401

Posted Thu 3 Aug 2017 14.54 by Anya123

The Boots OTC is for fungal treatment not nail Psoriasis. Veralac is 6.6ml , designed specifically for Psoriais and you only use it before bed on the affected nails. It can last for months and is only 39 Canadian dollars.

To take part, sign in or register with us