Helping My Partner With Ps

Posted Sat 12 Aug 2017 18.04 by PartnerOfPs
Partner has Ps of skin and arthritis. Here for support and to increase understanding.

Hi All, My Partner suffers with Ps and Ps Arthritis. It came on suddenly nearly 7 years ago. It has really impacted our lives. I do what I can to support them, try and be positive, be there when it's taking an emotional toll, as well as working full time and doing most of the stuff around the house and garden. However, I am concerned they are not dealing with it very well, as much as they put on a brave face. It's been so long now, I'd hoped we would be dealing with it better, but it's not the case. It doesn't help that the doctor took them off the anti-inflammatory drug nearly 2 years ago, kept postponing tests to see if there was internal bleeding, finally did the tests 8 months later, forgot to send over the results for 3 months, which, came back clear, but still say they shouldn't be on the drug! Another doc asked if they were on a twin drug as a replacement, told them to get regular doc to look into it but they haven't asked the doc and has now forgotten this happened. I understand there can be a mental impact when developing Ps, how it can reduce ones independence and possibly prevent hobbies and activities, but it just feels like I can't do much more to support them, as much as I try. I want us to enjoy our lives as best possible, but sometimes it's like me trying to help us get through, while being as sensitive to the situation as possible, is not taken seriously. I've come here in hopes of becoming part of this community, cos right now I feel kind of alone. I would like to see my partner get involved too, maybe make it easier for them. Maybe they're here and I don't know it. I just want us to try and be happy. Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 12 Aug 2017 19.11 by andymiller101979

Hello, i felt the same way i needed some support that's why i came on here to. I can only talk about what i have gone through but i do know one things and that it is a struggle and its everybody who is affected not just the person dealing with it. Its very hard and i have not been through the arthritis side of it but i would you to know there are people out there and there are some contact details for the founders of this page in the contacts section. I do hope you get some help with all o this. I have been reading a leaflet on Methotrexate tablets and that helps with the arthritis side of the condition to. Andy

Posted Sat 12 Aug 2017 22.07 by PartnerOfPs
Partner has Ps of skin and arthritis. Here for support and to increase understanding.

Thanks Andy, My partner is on the same drug as you mention, and now something stronger as well, which, is helping, but other ailments are hindering their positive impacts. I've looked into both and the possible side effects aren' great, but they'll have to do for now. I will have a look further on this site at contacts, see where we can go. Thanks again

Posted Sat 12 Aug 2017 23.25 by andymiller101979

I really do wish you all the best and good luck hope you find something that helps, what part of the country are you in? you can change to a different dermatologist with rumatologist in another area that's what i have had to do.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 2017 18.59 by PartnerOfPs

Thanks. We've been to a few around here, but will keep that in mind

To take part, sign in or register with us