So sore

Posted Sun 10 Sep 2017 12.56 by Jidda

I'm new to this so bare with me I'm 34 a mother of 3 aged 14,10 and 6 I was diagnosed 5 years ago when my dad passed away and my long term relationship broke down anyway I've managed to keep my psoriasis under control until the last 4/5 months my flare up is severe it's worse on my back stomach hands and back of my legs I use. Coconut oil cetera Ben and betnovate.... I've had uvb without any success, my dermatologist recommended methotrexate but it's not something I want to do I'm not a medication taker, now I know my psoriasis is not going anywhere but do anyone have any recommendations to try anything that stops the constant pain of sitting down standing up walking I've never had this much pain before it's like my skin is going to rip every time I move sleeping is out of the question I moisturise as often as I possibly can, any tips would be greatly appreciated especially for hands and back of the legs thank you all

Posted Fri 15 Sep 2017 16.07 by smondle

Dead sea salt! I buy it in 25kg sacks from Westlab, I put 1 kg in a bath and soak for 20 minutes. It softens the scales and calms my itching and pain. I also suffered as you are doing with any kind of movement feeling like it was tearing my skin open, during this time I was having 2 baths per week with the salt, and I always washed at night. Also, rather than wash every day I took it down to every other day which gave my skin a little more time to recover between showers/baths. The final thing I found helped was changing my wardrobe (this was an expensive one!). I bought two pairs of silk pyjamas and a few shirts and vest tops which I now use as my work wear. By wearing silk I found my skin did not dry out as quickly, cotton absorbs moisture where silk does not. I hope some of that helps!

To take part, sign in or register with us