Calcipotriol for facial use.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 2017 09.48 by Sunnysilverdale

I have suffered from a mild form of psoriasis on the lower part of my back for years, using dovabet ointment to successfully contain it. However in later years I now have it in my scalp ears and latterly on my forehead and upper lip, this on my face being apparently more painful and difficult to treat. I have been prescribed withcalcipotriol ointment, which I am told is non steroid, however when applied it gives a severe burning sensation for hours after application, any suggestions please.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 2017 18.44 by brownkit93

Hi Sunnysilverdale, I have used calcipotriol in the past and had the same issue with burning but not for such a prolonged period of time. Usually for me it was a few seconds of pain and then it went. I'd speak to your doctor because I don't think that sounds right. Hope this helps.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 2017 13.31 by Sunnysilverdale

Thanks for that bk93 your right, also looking on the internet it states calcipotriol should not be used on the face, though the Dr. said it is ok but I will speak and discuss with her. Many thanks anyway.

Posted Sun 1 Oct 2017 06.02 by GiusyMarino

My son has suffered from severe psoriasis his whole adult life. We have tried several doctors, prescriptions, and OTC products. Nothing works for him except dermalmd products. When he has outbreaks these are the only products that have helped to keep the rashes, redness, flakes, and itching to a minimum. And with the consistent use, he now has varying times of no outbreak. His treatment is as follows: His hair is cut short (like that of a Marine). He shampoos every day with Dermalmd psoriasis serum (waiting at least a minute before rinsing). And while his hair is damp we apply (and leave on) the Dermarest Skin Treatment product (also found here on google).

Posted Sun 10 Dec 2017 13.53 by Shakil

I have psoriasis in my scalp and face too. It's really hard to control. I used everything and nothing really seems to work. I am considering Methotrexate at the moment, but too scared of the side effects! At the moment, I am using Elocon cream in my face. it works for a day or two but my psoriasis comes back quick!

To take part, sign in or register with us