Apremilast

Posted Sun 8 Oct 2017 17.08 by Imholden
I have suffered with psoriasis for around thirteen years now and cope as well as I can. It has affected my life considerably over the years

Hi all. I w as diagnosed with psoriasis back in 98 when I was 18. I'd describe my condition as moderate to severe, but it fluctuates dependent on stress levels and my diet discipline. I have been taking acetretin for some four years and saw great results until the beginning of this year when it began to decrease in effectiveness. As a result, I was recently invited to take part in a trial to take apremilast through the NHS. Having read about this online (not recommended due rather subjective opinion), I am intrigued about any side effects. I have never experienced anything negative from other drugs I've taken in the past. It's only day two for me but so far, nothing to report with apremilast either. Has anyone else got any experience of this drug? If so, how have you found it and what advice would you offer?

Posted Sun 8 Oct 2017 17.51 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I have been taking Otezla for the last 4 & 1/2 months and noticed some improvements to P and more so other partially related conditions without any side effects.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 2017 13.26 by jdrussell78

Unfortunately for me apremilast did not work for me, I had it for just over 3 months and did not see an improvement, I have just started on humira injections.

To take part, sign in or register with us