Psoriasis

Posted Thu 14 Dec 2017 21.36 by sophxo12

I’m just new to this and came across this page on Facebook. I’m a 20 year old girl who has had psoriasis for over 3 years now. I only had it slightly on my elbows, and knees however over the past couple of months I’ve developed it on my scalp, various places all over my body. My elbows have seem to got worse and are constantly cracked and bleeding. I keep going to my local doctors for help but keep being giving other creams which don’t help. I can’t sleep at night due to the pain of my elbows, I can’t do day to day activities ither. I can’t wear skirts, dresses, short sleeved tops as people always point it out and say what is that I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I’m looking for some advice on what i can do to help this

Posted Mon 18 Dec 2017 21.13 by happymom

How awful for you to have such pain from your skin most likely it is dry and cracking causing the severe discomfort. Moisturising continuously may help you but it is greasy and makes your bed sheets greasy. Have you tried applying a good moisturiser and then covering the areas with a light soft non adhesive bandage for just overnight for comfort. Has your doctor referred you to a dermatologist ? People are rude and always want to know what psoriasis is I could never imagine asking someone what their skin condition is its just non of my business. Rise above other people and be confident knowing you are a good person. I do not know what kind of treatment you have tried normally people will try topical steroid creams before seeing a dermatologist who then may recommend phototherapy or oral medications if severe. Good luck

Posted Tue 19 Dec 2017 11.25 by JimB

Sounds really bad luck. My advice is to avoid soap as this removes any moisture from your skin. Use something like aqueous cream instead. I also bath using Oilatum Plus which you add to the water in lieu of soap. You can get both of these on prescription. Also ask to be referred to a dermatologist by you GP. Good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us