New here I have Hashimotos

Posted Thu 28 Dec 2017 16.09 by Gargy

Hi. I'm Kath. I just found this site from the NHS website. I have had a v bad flare up of my psoriasis over the past week. I just had an emergency GP appt today as I wasn't sure what this rash is. I've been reading a bit and it says its an autoimmune disease. I have Hashimotos thyroiditis so was wondering whether anyone else has psoriasis and Hashimotos ? Anyway thanks for reading and Hi from South London. I've got some special soapless soap and cream on prescription just had bath and slathered it on. I'm real glad to have found this site.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 2017 01.27 by smurfette
hi I'm Lisa I'm 35 I have suffered from psoriasis my whole life

hi I have psoriasis but I don't have Hashimotos thyroiditis but as you have an auto immune problem already it doesn't help does any one else in your family have it as it can be heridetry or because you already have an immune disorder they say that psoriasis isn't a herederitry thing either but it is as my mum had it and my aunt's and uncles have it too aveeno for eczema is a really good moisturiser to use on psoriasis and so is dream cream and oaty creamy creme shower creme from lush hope umyou get it all sorted x

Posted Fri 29 Dec 2017 14.41 by Gargy

Thanks Smurfette. I've ordered some apple cider vinegar to bathe in too.

Posted Sat 30 Dec 2017 00.59 by Cocopuff13

thanks too smurfette.i will try the Aveeno cream for eczemam

Posted Mon 1 Jan 2018 19.25 by smurfette

no problem

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 09.16 by Cocopuff13

I've had psoriais for 9 years.it has effectively won the war against me.i haven't given up all hope yet.its nice to know others can relate.i have to heal from the inside with my diet.Ive never shown anyone my legs except my skin doctor.Below my knees are all mostly red psoriasis.i don't want to worry or scare anyone I know.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 2018 03.29 by smurfette

hi cocopuff I know that feeling my legs are so bad and so is my stomach and arms I hate it to be honest I don't like wearing shorts dresses or shorts in the summer normally but last year I Sun bathed in my garden and my god did it help just a shame it's not always sunny here lol

Posted Tue 16 Jan 2018 12.01 by Cocopuff13

Hi Kath in London and smurfette.I hope you are doing good.i hope we all get clear skin someday.Im glad you all post replys.Thats uplifting.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 2018 13.58 by Gargy

Hiya everyone I've finished my steroids I cannot see any difference. I'm back to my GP soon. I love summer clothes and hate tights so this better go soon. Its been a month now since the whole of my body became psiorasis. Take care Kath

Posted Wed 24 Jan 2018 23.21 by smurfette

oh no sorry it didn't work there's nothing worse I hope you get it sorted it's so hard because my skin gets used to the ointments and creams so they stop working but I ain't got much hope even methotrexate didn't work on mine and I was up to 15mg it just made me Ill x

Posted Mon 29 Jan 2018 17.09 by Aurora
I have had a patch of psoriasis on top of my foot for over 10 years.I used to think it was athlete's foot.Now I seem to have developed psori

Hello Kath,I have had Hashimoto's for 30 years and then psoriasis came along four years ago- after a stressful time in my life.I understand that one autoimmune condition makes you more likely to get another one. For the psoriasis and general wellbeing,I have found strong probiotics help,as well as going gluten-free and minimizing sugar intake(the tough one for me!)..........It seems that health starts in the gut!.........I have avoided steroids and even steroid creams just made things worse.....The only ointment my skin tolerates is Epaderm......Then again,we're all individualsHope you get better.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 04.38 by Stephanie

Hi my name is Stephanie I also have psoriasis psoriatic Arthritis, Hashimoto’s disease and something called empty cells syndrome. I have extremely bad flareup right now I don’t know to many other people that have all the same conditions as I do but I’m trying to find the help that I need I’ve had psoriasis since I was 10 years old I’m now 41 and it’s getting worse and worse they’ve switched my medicine 100 times. I did hear on here somebody saying psoriasis was not hereditary I don’t know who told you that but it most definitely is hereditary.

To take part, sign in or register with us