Help urgently required please!

Posted Mon 8 Jan 2018 17.29 by Tracyjw (edited Mon 8 Jan 2018 17.40 by Tracyjw)

I have psoriasis in sensitive areas and the itching and stinging are driving me mad. I’m currently pacing around as I can’t keep still. I have cracked skin so anything stings a little. I apply sudocrem to help it heal and I have applied Dovobet but what else can I do?

Posted Mon 8 Jan 2018 20.55 by siennaderby (edited Mon 8 Jan 2018 20.56 by siennaderby)

Go to a pharmacy or order Q.V. cream online it helps a lot it will sting abit but I have psoriasis all over my body and it really helps I also reccomend diprosalic steroid creams Aswell but you have to get it prescribed from your local GP my psoriasis is so bad and I am only 12 years old , hope this helped x after you put on the cream wrap clingfilm over it because it keeps it all in and helps ALOT

Posted Tue 9 Jan 2018 20.10 by Tracyjw

Thank you Siennaderby. I’m thankful for the advice.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 19.28 by cbryantc

I had cracked bleeding fingers for about a year (and some patches and fingernail issues), and it hurt like hell. Both times I went on a no/low carb diet, it cleared up. Its cheap and quick to try! Also, watch a documentary called "The science of fasting". I think there are some good truths in it. I also started using an alpha hydroxy lotion that I like to...its not greasy.

Posted Tue 13 Mar 2018 23.37 by Rafiqua

New to this forum. Have had psoriasis on my hand for years. Actually moved from the middle of my hand to the side. Very bad break out recently. Found this for those who wish to manage it naturally. Will be trying some of these suggestions soon. Meanwhile trying to get my diet under control. Very difficult! Good luck all. https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/psoriasis.html

Posted Fri 30 Mar 2018 13.20 by Mary1968

Hello Tracyjw Ohh you poor thing. I had it there once and it is unpleasant. I have several suggestions that worked for me: Pure 100% cold pressed (raw and unrefined) coconut oil down there is great. Stops the itch and helps clear psoriasis up. Change washing powder to unscented Change soap to pure unscented and uncolored (chemical free) Wear pure organic cotton, silk or hemp undergarments (or go bare if you can) Ultimately diet cleared me up. But the above are good places to start. I hope you find relief soon

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 08.32 by Brettmack

I recommend coconut oil as well. It's doing wonders for me and clearing up in places you would only hope ;)

Posted Sun 1 Apr 2018 22.45 by diane

hi new to the site i was diagnosed with psoriasis before xmas and it is spreading quickly over my body i am on several creams but at the moment it is my scalp that is driving me mad it is itching so much that i am clawing at it and making it bleed, my scalp is full of lumps and the scalp soft and spongy, have been using cocios cream but my hair is so thick it is difficult to get at the scalp my gp said don't scratch and contact my deromotoist but they can not see me until May, what i am looking for has anyone got any suggestions to ease it before i go mental

Posted Mon 2 Apr 2018 20.30 by Dyl

Hi Diane. Sorry to hear about your scalp! I was prescribed betnovate scalp application, which works a treat. You can also get shampoo which treats this condition, maybe a visit back to your GP is needed. I sometimes use olive oil the night before i wash my hair.. helps too. Good luck 👍

Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 15.25 by ddt202

Hi all new to the site - I can relate to all the above had psoriasis in intimate areas double base cream worked for me especially if I cling filmed after really relieved the itch. and my scalp still drives me mad to this day. Diprosalic scalp application worked for me for a while but alas I seem to have built a tolerance to it so back to the scratching, bleeding and taking out chunks of my hair. I've got pretty much total body coverage and have had it for 3 years with no relief really. I didn't really mind but it's now on my face, eyelids and neck its starting to flake badly and I'm feeling very self conciois, has anyone else had anything similar or have any tips?

Posted Sat 7 Apr 2018 13.51 by minnie

I have been on fumiderm since 2005 and I have had no side affects but the Pontefract hospital has changed to a simaler tablet ,BUT I HAVE HAD 6 DIFFERANT SIDE AFFECTS CAN ANY ONETHELL ME WHERE I CAN GET FUMIDERM 120MG PLEASE AS I WOULD LIKE TO NOW SO THAT I CAN IF NEED BE GET THE PASCRIPTON FREOM MY CONSULTENT THEN SEND IT TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE THEY HAVE IT SO I CAN GET BACK ON IT BEFORE MY PSORIASIS COMES BACK .PLEASE PLEASE ,CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE .

Posted Sat 7 Apr 2018 13.59 by minnie

TRACYJW Have you tried ALOE VERA GEL ,FROM HOLLEND BARRETT MY SISTER AND I USE IT AND IT HELPS US BOTH ..or dead sea salts .salts and the soap these have helped me .also .

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2018 20.21 by Kiff

HI, I know I'm a little late to the discussion.... Have you thought about trying CBD oils or lotions? My daughter started using a Full Spectrum CBD lotion with amazing results. No sting or burn when applied and immediate relief from itch. Her skin looks great too! Just pink skin now, looks like new!

To take part, sign in or register with us