Ciclosporin stopped

Posted Thu 11 Jan 2018 21.18 by JuneK

My partner has been taking 150mg of ciclosporin twice a day for the last 2 months, I can only describe it as a miracle. After 15 years of 60/70% of his body being covered it is almost clear , just the worst parts are a little red but clearing up more daily. Today, the worst news was that his blood pressure is too high and the creatinine levels in kidneys are too high , They would not prescribe any more. To make matters worse , his consultant is off work sick and this decision was made by a locum consultant. He is devastated as he tried acetretin already and all the topical treatments and they had no effect. He now has to wait for a new appointment when his consultant returns from sick leave . We thought maybe this summer would be the first were he could wear a t*shirt with short sleeves.....now we are expecting the condition to return with a vengeance :(

Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 10.20 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Ask for a trial on Otezla. It has worked miracles for me where everything else has failed. https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/media/InformationSheets/Otezla.pdf

Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 19.21 by Toodlesoodles

Has he tried fumaderm/skilarence?

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 22.12 by JuneK

His consultant is back in work after sick leave and called him in today, She has suggested both Fumaderm and Otezla, He needs few more blood tests and she will prescribe one or the other, in the meantime he is using Enstilar foam just on his hands and forearms. By the way it's 3 weeks since he stopped ciclosporin and the psorasis is creeping back on the elbows, knees buttocks.

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 10.18 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Ciclosporin is great and works quick. Unfortunately it will affect the kidneys eventually which is why the docs monitor the blood all the time. Its a shame its an amazing medication but unfortunately it is only a respite from chronic psoriasis

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 10.19 by ClearskinPls

Maybe try a lower dose?

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 10.23 by ClearskinPls (edited Sat 3 Feb 2018 10.23 by ClearskinPls)

It cleared my psoriasis up completely but when I came off ciclosporin the psoriasis came back with a vengeance....a big disappointment for me

To take part, sign in or register with us