Taken off methotrexate and p totally cleared up

Posted Mon 28 Oct 2013 07.44 by Lauram9906
Been in and out of derm ward for months at a time was on cyclosporine which didn't work for me I'm now on sub q injections

Hi thought I would share with everyone my experience of when I was taken off mtx. Recently we'll today I'm currently lying in a hospital bed hooked up to iv fluids meds and anti biotics and for the first time ever my psoriasis has completely disappeared to my surprise as I was anxious about stopping mtx because of a major flare up. Maybe a combination of iv fluids and antibiotics could be the future treatment of psoriasis I also suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and the pain has also eased any thoughts as I'm so confused but relieved I've been given an appointment for a combined clinic with several dermatologists so they can decide which treatment is best after stopin mtx any thoughts and ideas would be helpful and I will keep every one up dated on how my skins doing especially for the first time being p free in a long time x :-) xxxx

Posted Tue 18 Mar 2014 14.18 by Sharma_vishal95 (edited Wed 19 Mar 2014 00.34 by Nataliec90)
I am suffering with sporiasis since 3 years

I too had mtx for just one week but it has much defects while you are in the dose you'll feel better but afte you leave it o stop it your psoriasis will flare up so I decided to stop it and just use folitrex and sysfol and so it remains better and uses a combination of Clobetasol and salysilic acids try them out if you feel it bettr or consult your dermatoligist

To take part, sign in or register with us