Child’s Farm Baby Moisturier.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 12.55 by Sarah (edited Sun 18 Mar 2018 20.02 by Sarah)

Hi everyone,just wanted to share my experience with trying everything under the sun for my guttate psoriasis.Ive had it now for about 4-5 years and my whole body is covered and when it was at its worse my skin used to weep and bleed.I got really down about it and would not even go out.At 1 point they wanted to put me on high strength drugs,including 1 if you have cancer! So I said no to all that and decided to look into natural products and I have finally found 1 which is helping me a lot. It’s called Child’s Farm Baby Moisturier.I read about it online as they were using it for their psoriasis too.You can buy it in Boots £3.99.Ive been using it since February and I also use Simple soap to wash with and changed my washing powder to Fairy Gel Pods and softener and I really think that all that is helping my skin get better. I drink a lot of water too. So I hope any of this can help anyone out there that has to live with this awful skin condition.Just remember your not alone.

Posted Sun 18 Mar 2018 19.40 by AmyT23

Hi, I’ve just ordered some of the Child Farms Moisturiser from Boots. I’m hoping it is going to ease my guttate psoriasis as I’m really struggling with it. I have it pretty much everywhere apart from my feet and the numerous creams/ointments that I’ve tried from GP are not working. I just developed this in November last year, came out of the blue, I think stress related. and has got progressively worse. It is awful!

Posted Sun 18 Mar 2018 20.09 by Sarah

Hi Amy, I really hope the cream helps you,please let me know if it does.I would give it a few weeks of using it.I just bought my second bottle, I do exfoliate too now and again to get rid of the dry skin and then put lots of cream on after. Also I put Dead Sea Salts in my bath,the cheapest I’ve bought it for was in TKMax and Home Bargains £2.49 or £3.49. Don’t give up and try not to stress. Good luck!

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 15.21 by leejacks

Having looked at the ingredients the only thing in there even slightly unusual is Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract. The rest are just standard emulisifiers, alcohols, acids and perfumes. Glad it works for some people though.

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 15.29 by Sarah

Maybe that unusual ingredient is what is helping some people with their skin. There was another article on the DailyMail online today about a women using the same product and it has helped her psoriasis too.

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 15.52 by AmyT23

Thanks Sarah, I am willing to try anything at the moment. I know it’s a case of trial and error. I will let you know how I get on with the moisturiser.

Posted Tue 20 Mar 2018 09.17 by june

I'm a newbie to this I've also heard about Child's Farm Moisturiser and am about to try it,Has anyone got any tips for scalp psoriasis?

Posted Tue 20 Mar 2018 09.48 by AmyT23

Hi June, I am struggling with scalp psoriasis as well. I have just ordered some coconut oil from Holland and Barrat which some people have recommended. I plan to put it over my scalp/hair on a night time and then wash it off in a morning. It should arrive either today or tomorrow so I will let you know how I get on with it. I’ve used quite a few ointments that my GP has prescribed but nothing has worked so far for me.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 2018 22.25 by Sarahmatty

Big difference in my skin since using child's farm moisturiser. I'm glad I seen this post. For my scalp p I used olive oil over night. I put towels on the pillow so it didn't go everywhere and although it was really messy it worked well on my scalp

Posted Thu 22 Mar 2018 23.07 by Allanswife03

Hi there, I had really bad scalp psoriasis to the point of losing a lot of hair, to say that stressed me out is an understatement, I went and seen a dermatologist at the Spire, paid privately as I was getting nowhere with doctors anyway he gave me Capasal shampoo to use everyday, then while hair is still damp apply DiproSalic to the Scalp, leave it in all day then on the night apply Cocois Ointment and leave it on over night, then repeat everything again the next day, I did this everyday for 2 weeks as stated by the dermatologist, it done the trick, and I also have regrowth of hair, I still use it to keep it at bay, as my scalp can get quite flaky and feels a bit chalky but it's getting there, just trying to sort my hands and feet out now, tried the child's farm but it didn't work for me unfortunately xx

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2018 23.01 by Dalerayhowey

Hi, I've been covered head to toe with guttate for around 4-5 months now. Steroid creams have tamed it a bit but when I've ran out of cream it comes back even worse everytime. I've just bought some child's farm products and wanted to know what regime the people who got some success from it used. Any help would be greatly recieved!

Posted Sun 17 Jun 2018 09.27 by AndyW

I had psoriasis on my elbows for around thirty years, it wasn't too much of a problem but did crack and bleed occasionally if I was doing heavy work. My daughter bought me some of the Child's farm moisturizer and it has gone completely from one arm and nearly gone from the other. It seems to work best if you moisturise your arm with it after a shower rather than dab it on as an ointment. I was very surprised that it worked and would love to know why.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018 18.39 by stevenking1962

Hi everyone, I was using that child farm moisturiser for around a week or so and I have had my first really bad flare up in 10 years, also I see ppl asking about the scrap, I use diprosalic scalp application. Because of my flare up I have been prescribed Dovobet Gel 🤔 this is new too me, has anyone used it and does it have a high success rate. Cheers in advance Stevie 🤒

Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018 20.50 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I have used both Dovobet (recently/currently) and Diprosalic (a few years ago). Dovobet seems to be the preferred treatment currently. My understanding (as a non medical person) is that the trend is to use less steroid, different steroid and lower concentrations and different preparations than in the past. One of the problems with topical steroids is the so-called steroid bounce - they are often very effective, but as soon as you stop, the psoriasis can return quickly. The feeling seems to be that the blend of ingredients in Dovobet is a very good compromise. I do find it effective and not any terrible or sudden return of symptoms in my case (but I also have guttate psoriasis over my body, and it is not prctical to apply steroid only to the psoriasis spots and avoid the healthy skin). I have also tried Childs Farm moisturiser - I found it to be a pleasant enough moisturiser, but nothing more. I find Doublebase gel, and Doublebase Dayleve gel to be the most effective moisturisers of the many that I have tried.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2018 01.44 by Araza786

Hi, I'm new to this group and hope that some1 may help with advising if biological treatment is a safe option? I mean has any1 or know of any1 who has had this treatment or is currently on this treatment and how there getting on? Side effects etc. I've had this condition for 6 to 7 years and have tried all steroid cream, exfoliants,moisturiser, bath puva (which helped but relapsed quickly) to no avail.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 2018 20.28 by Pallovi

Hi, in response to the last post I have previously used Ustekinumab biological agent (stelara) I've had psoriasis for 27 years and have tried everything. The biological agent is the only thing that saw me completely clear for 2 1/2 years. I had to come off so I could have a baby and I'm now waiting to be referred back to the dermatologist. Hence I'm look for an alternative in the mean time and was thinking of using the child's farm brand. In regards to the biological agent I had an injection every 3 months. I had no side affects and was very closely monitored by the dermatologist who regularly took blood samples to check if the agent was disrupting an of my normal functioning in regards to liver and kidneys. The only thong to be mindful of is that the agent is an immuno suppressant so I did catch colds easily and these did take a lot longer to shift. However, overall I was really happy with the results.

To take part, sign in or register with us