Others experience with PUVA treatment?

Posted Thu 22 Mar 2018 21.25 by Bunto

Hi, I believe this is best place to post about this and to get some insight. My girlfriend has severe psoriasis and I have been reading about it to better understanding of the pain she goes through. She has requested me to ask what other peoples experience with the PUVA treatment doctors have decided to give her. She hasn't had it yet and her UV light treatment before has stopped being effective. She has voiced her concerns and wishes to not have it because all the pain the UV light put her through. So has anyone had PUVA? What was your experience? Was it painful? Was it effective? Is there any alternatives to PUVA/UV light treatment? She can't be treated with methotrexate due to kidney complications.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 2018 23.34 by Allanswife03

I'm on the waiting list for PUVA, however I bought myself a handheld UV light treatment, which I'm using at the moment. I also bought Sorian creme from helloskin, I have found this cream to work quite well for me, give it a try and see how you get on with the Sorion x

Posted Tue 10 Apr 2018 15.12 by RubyT

I started my PUVA 2 weeks back and so far so good - remembering to get up and take the meds 2.5 hours before is the worst bit. And you feel a bit daft in sunnies the whole day but worth saving your sight!! 2 weeks in and my skin is calming and the patches have gone. Good luck

Posted Sun 22 Apr 2018 14.46 by Dionnemcleodx
Im a 21 year old hair dresser with ppp just on my hands only

I’m getting puva at the moment I’m finding it burns a little bit much but I suffer from ppp on my hands and it seems to bring out loads of pustules on my hands the tablets can make her sick so tell her to avoid tea coffee caffeinated drinks and to take tablets with food it helps the sick feeling

To take part, sign in or register with us