Exorex Lotion, vs BodyWash & shampoo

Posted Wed 16 May 2018 14.41 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 29 Jul 2018 09.24 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Exorex Lotion, in a green bottle and box, is a coal-tar based treatment for psoriasis. Exorex Hair and Body Wash, in a blue bottle and box, is simply a gentle, unfragranced and uncolored wash. It has no active ingredient to TREAT psoriasis. It should not cause any irritation of course. I recently bought a bottle of the Lotion to try, and while on amazon one day I saw the body wash advertised and bought it with no further research. Do not make the same mistake that I did. On Amazon the product description for the body wash said that it was a TREATMENT for psoriasis. I have confirmed that it is clearly stated on the Exorex website that the Lotion is licensed as a treatment for psoriasis, and that the Hair and Body wash is not. On the packaging for the Body Wash it clearly says: "Can be used with the Exorex Lotion treatment programme for Psoriasis" and " gently cleanses, and used regularly may assist in the management of common dry and sensitive skin conditions". (note the word "may" ).

Posted Mon 21 May 2018 21.17 by Jennifer.24

I have just started using Exorex lotion for the first time and I find it is making me so itchy that I physically cannot stop scratching but I feel my Psoriasis has improved.

Posted Thu 14 Jun 2018 20.53 by Stu

I have used about 6 large bottles in total. Made an impact to start with but eventually lost effectiveness. Caution when using with light colour clothing. It has stained a couple of items of mine.

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2018 21.28 by paulraymond

I have the same problem with Epimax, my GP said use it when needed because it will be absorbed and stop dryness and flaking of the skin, but the itching is almost unbearable and causes more harm than good.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 2018 04.21 by DanielC

Exorex is ok but far too expensive

Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 00.04 by jk76

Exorex applied to legs and arms 3 times a day has worked wonders for me. I am able to get it on repeat prescription from gp. Shame it hasn’t worked on other areas of body nor my scalp

Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 04.44 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 29 Jul 2018 09.24 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I find that the exorax lotion (green botle) makes my skin itch for about 5 minutes after I first pply it. Then the itching stops - it has helped reduce my guttate psoriasis. i have not tried it on my scalp. The bodywash and shampoo did nothing for my scalp or skin - but as it is not formulated to treat psoriasis, that is not a surprise. It is merely a "mild and gentle" product with no active ingredient targetting any skin condition.

To take part, sign in or register with us