8 weeks on methotrexate and no results..

Posted Wed 1 Aug 2018 05.53 by Toodlesoodles

Been on methotrexate for 8 weeks now. Was initially on 10mg a week but my dermatologist increased the dose to 15mg 2 weeks ago. I'm seeing absolutely nothing in terms of improvement to my skin and I'm also having no side effects. Worried it isn't or isn't going to work. Anyone had success with methotrexate who saw nothing happening by the 8 week mark??

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 22.20 by Eva M.
Girl. 28 years old. Suffered with psoriasis and scalp psoriasis for years until I discovered the magic that helped me get rid of mostly ever

Only change of diet helped me. No milk products, no processed food, no sugar at all, no additives in food and drinks, Natural shampoos and lots of herbal teas and herbs for psoriasis. Im almost psoriasis free after 6 months. Im starting to get my life back again.

Posted Thu 9 Aug 2018 23.03 by jk76

Think methotrexate will be coming my way soon. Was adamant I wasn’t going to take it but pa is getting much worse now. Most reviews I have seen aren’t good but I’m willing to try anything. I’m sure I’ve read that it can take 12 weeks to start working. Hope you see a difference soon

Posted Fri 10 Aug 2018 01.27 by Mariya

I am also taking methotrexate (10 mg) last 3 years. First 1 year it works. After 1 year it does not work at all.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 2018 19.06 by cobb1954

Hi, Im on Methotrexate also, 3 pills Friday Night, 3 pills Saturday morning with food, rest of the week 1 tablet of folic acid, no side effects, 7 weeks almost cleared up, also have taking 2 injections in real scale, all but disappeared. Elbows, knees, butt, back of legs, ankles, back, hair, basically everywhere, I have had 4 stage cancer 18 years ago, I drink water, creatine level is low by 1 point, I drink 2 percent milk, natural sugar (Grape, ,Strawberries, Bananas, nectarines), never thought I would do this, I was filling up a Dyson every week, now almost gone, wore shorts first time in 25 years, WOW. I used coconut oil, an every moisturizer for psoriasis on the market, nothing worked. 8th week on Methotrexate, folic acid, 30 needles in affected areas, it hurts and you will scream, refused UVB booth, I use the back yard sunlight. Been to 2 blood test in 8 weeks, still good, feel good

To take part, sign in or register with us