Aveeno Cream.

Posted Mon 6 Aug 2018 20.39 by Sarah

Hello,Has anyone used Aveeno Cream for their psoriasis? I was using the Child’s Farm Cream which helped but since we have had this hot weather nothing is helping at all! And the heat rash on my legs isn’t great either. Any help would be great.😊

Posted Tue 7 Aug 2018 08.11 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 7 Aug 2018 10.26 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Hi Sarah, I have seen many references to Aveeno cream on these discussions. I think like many other such topical preparations such as Childs Farm, MooGoo, Oilatum, Diprobase, Doublebase etc there will be people who found the product helped, and people who found no significant difference. Unfortunately that seems to be one of the difficulties with psoriasis. However, I think a key factor is if there are no numbers of reports of a particular ointment/lotion causing irritation. Unfortunately individual people can be sensitive to certain ingredients in any of these moisturisers and emollients. I don't recall any negative posts about Aveeno , just the usual mix of people who said it helped them and people who said it did not help them. I think it unfortunately a case of try it and see what it does for you. There certainly has been some very positive feedback about Aveeno on here. I have spent a small fortune on trying different things, and had the best results and most relief from Doublebase Dayleve gel.

Posted Tue 7 Aug 2018 11.16 by leejacks

I have used Aveeno as my moisturiser for over 10 years and no ill effects. I previously used aqueous cream but after a couple of years became sensitive to something in it. Good luck finding a moisturiser that suits you.

Posted Tue 7 Aug 2018 19.52 by Sarah

Hi,thank you for your messages.Im going to give Aveeno a go and see what happens.🤞🏻 I’ve used so many creams etc,I’ve run out of ideas! I’m trying the healthy food way too and plently of water,as I’ve read that helps the skin. So we see....

Posted Thu 21 Sep 2023 21.58 by claudia93x - 31 from Halifax

Hi, I have been using aveeno for around 3 weeks now day and night and it’s seems to make my legions red raw. It doesn’t calm my skin down and makes it really itchy. I looked at the ingredients and it contains 3 different types of alcohol so I’ve stopped using it. Ordered double base anti flare which contains no alcohol so hopefully it keeps it from flaring x

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2023 01.26 by Yacht

Moisturisers don't stop psoriasis. They just make it (temporarily) wetter or less dry.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2023 02.18 by claudia93x - 31 from Halifax

That’s true, moisturisers doesn’t stop it but it can bring relief from redness and irritation. The double base anti flare doesn’t cause my psoriasis to be red raw and itchy and is working much better for me. I am using this in conjunction with enstilar foam once a day. Compared to last week my skin has improved massively and I feel much happier :). X x x

To take part, sign in or register with us