Uvb lamp beginner not sure what to purchase

Posted Tue 21 Aug 2018 07.46 by Sttt

I'm 19 currently taking methotrexate for the past 6 weeks but want to switch to uvb lamps, I don't understand what exactly I need, I have severe psoriasis on my arms, butt & legs so I'm not sure if I should expose my whole body to a canopy or just purchase a hand held one. How do you know what tubes to get and how long to use it on your skin for, not sure if it goes by severity, can anyone help :)

Posted Thu 23 Aug 2018 18.31 by Jon Penn

Hi! I have finally gotten over Psoriasis and now have to sell my sunbed and hand held so let me know if you want one or the other. Hand held ones are cheaper and better for small areas like face or hands- I used mine for my face. A sunbed is better for larger areas and also gives you a slight tan! Start with very small doses of UVB ie 15 seconds on the first go, 30 on the next and so on. Although it feels pointless, it’s just so your skin can gradually get used to it. You don’t want to burn, it makes everything worse

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 23.38 by Shippers77

Hi Jon, are you still selling your sunbed abd could you send me some info if so please? I’ve just joined after my dormant psoriasis has come back with a vengeance after the birth of my daughter and I can’t wait 3 months for my hospital appointment :( jo.shipway@hotmail.com

Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 11.53 by CliveA123

Hi Jon, Would you please send me details of your hand held lamp and how much you want for it as I would be interested in buying it.

Posted Fri 5 Oct 2018 18.30 by Burk3

@Jon Penn, is your sunbed still available?

To take part, sign in or register with us