Psoriasis and gluten intolerance

Posted Sun 9 Feb 2020 21.29 by Amber

Thank you so much I will definitely keep you updated. Hope you have a good week.

Posted Tue 11 Feb 2020 21.46 by Amber

Hi everyone, Just a quick update so I’ve now been using coal tar for almost a week and I’ve switched my conditioner to a less perfumed one. The itchiness has slightly got better but I can still feel some itchiness and flakes falling and tight skin on the back of my scalp. I feel as the day goes on it’s gets worse and after two days when my hair becomes greasy it’s uncomfortable. Also I’ve noticed my hair has become so static which I hate. I’m at the end of my limit I just want this to go away or get some relief. My doctor hasn’t been that great. Am I doing anything wrong in my own personal treatment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated once again. Amber

Posted Thu 28 May 2020 03.35 by psorpunch

My story, I developed psoraisis on my head, then every morning for two weeks I'd develop hives. The hives would go away by noon. I was getting desperate. Finally I remembered listening to this guy I thought was kind of quacky on the radio, won't mention his name. He always claims that if people would stop eating gluten, most people that have psoriasis, wouldn't. I decided to try it, nothing to lose other that good ole mac and cheese, spaghetti, you know, the good stuff. No gluten and then next day, no hives, thought I was on to something. It was hard but in six months, the psoriasis was completely gone. This was about 5 years ago and never had a problem since and I do eat gluten today now and then but not enough for symptoms to come back. I really felt good about that. Then one of my brothers developed psoriasis. I told him my experience. He tried not eating gluten. He said it worked. But he can't stop eating pizza, to him there is no other food. I'm not a doctor, but my dad was haha, guess that doesn't count but I know from my own experience that it's possible to completely get rid of your psoriasis "if" what is causing your psoriasis is what was causing mine, I never had a celiac test. You should know if it's working for sure after two months of no gluten, don't cheat and good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us