Does sitting down make psoriasis on your legs worse?

Posted Wed 26 Sep 2018 12.54 by RedDwarf

I have a sedentary job and my worst psoriasis is on the backs of my legs. Do you think it would help to clear it up if I got a standing desk, so there's not so much presure on the backs of my legs? Also, does it help to air affected skin - wearing shorts, not trousers, letting the air get to the skin? I'm also finding it really itchy and hot in bed at night. Anyone got any tips for a more comfortable night's sleep? :( How long does a guttate flare-up take to get better, on average? Mine started in June and is still getting worse. It's all over my back and my legs, and worse on my scalp and arms. GP has referred my urgently to dermatologist, but I need to manage it better now. It's so depressing. Also, how much difference does giving up alcohol make to psoriasis? Thanks.

Posted Wed 26 Sep 2018 17.27 by victoria

Hi there try a hot water bottle filled with icy cold water of a night to try and help you sleep, also out a pillow long ways from back of knee cap under your legs that may help. Don't know about standing may be worse as blood will circulate more creating heat in backs of legs let's hope you get halo soon Victoria :(

Posted Thu 27 Sep 2018 06.57 by RedDwarf

Thanks, Victoria. Good idea. I'll try that today. I already sleep with a pillow between my knees.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 2018 10.36 by victoria

God bless you I fe for you all wish I had a miracle cure. I am trying some cream at moment on my scalp will keep you all posted touch wood and don't boast started to clear up one patch left. Obviously I will give you all the cream name if it works all those oils have not helped at all it is bacteria left from shingles and has I had been clawing it no good trying best not too. Awful when you get no sleep I know bern there for last 12 months. I hope cool bottles help you or empty big pop bottles keep pillows cool Yours Victoria

To take part, sign in or register with us