Leaky gut - is it possible to have this with no symptoms?

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 15.00 by RedDwarf

I've been doing a lot of readng about the possible causes of psoriasis and one of the possibilities that is mentioned is leaky gut. I have no gastro/abdo symptoms at all. Could I still have a leaky gut/food intolerances?

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 15.35 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Nobody in here will be qualified to answer your question, so I advise you to seek the advice/help of your GP

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 17.20 by RedDwarf

My GP has no idea about psoriasis. Whereas people here do.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 19.22 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 15 Oct 2018 21.23 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Red dwarf, you can find bunches of information and youtube videos about leaky-gut and psoriasis (americans in white coats calling themselves Dr even if only a chiropractor, and offerring to sell you their course or book on how to cure youself). You have actually asked if you could have leaky-gut and food intolerances even with no symptoms. That is actually not a question specifically about psoriasis. If you have been doing a lot of reading then you are probably as well informed as anyone on here. But remember- you have no idea who anyone is on here, or their motivation for posting. Almost certainly they have no medical training. If you have psoriasis and your GP does not know anything at all about it (quite strange these days), I would ask to see a different GP and/or get a referral to a dermatologist.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 20.32 by RedDwarf

I just wondered if anyone had experience of cutting out food groups/following a diet to increase good bacteria, etc. to cure leaky gut if they didn't have any symptoms. I'm keen on using diet and lifestyle changes as well as creams to cure my psoriasis. I have an urgent referral to a dematologist. This was 6 weeks ago and I haven't even had a referral letter yet. Thanks. 😒🙄

To take part, sign in or register with us