Disabilities act ?

Posted Thu 27 Mar 2014 19.02 by emillsee
I have psoriasis and psoriasis artritis

Hi could anyone tell me if we are covered by the DDA ? work is on my case refering me to the occupational nurse ! apart from the skin issues i really suffer with joint pain n fatigue have not missed work but they say they want it clarified ?

Posted Sun 20 Apr 2014 01.03 by kreggysue
ranges from barely able to walk to generally itchy

Hi, I went through this, and the occupational health confirmed I was covered under the DDA. The reasoning is that without it I wouldn't be able to walk or use my hands as I have hand and foot psoriasis. My employer told me they wanted me to go (on my very first day of work there) and I generally got the feeling the manager was concerned she could catch it. When an employer takes this action from personal experience it is from ignorance. However you can use it to see if there is any form of alterations they can make to your work environment which will make you more comfortable. This make include a better more appropriate office chair, or possibly if walking is an issue allocated parking at the office (assuming they provide any). It may be that they just want to support you and are hoping for guidance from occupational health.

To take part, sign in or register with us