Hello from a newbie

Posted Wed 14 Nov 2018 10.18 by Fionac

Hi all, my name is Fiona and although new to this group, I’m certainly not new to the dreaded psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and all the other nasties that get added to the mix. I’m 57 now and been receiving treatment since I was 14. I’ve been on biological for 8 years after all else failed! Until 2 months ago, I was on infliximab 6 weekly, though my last 2 infusions resulted in anaphylactic shock so I’m now off that and due to start on a new injection in 2 weeks. Biologics have probably prevented me from developing awful mental health problems / depression as I would never cope with the severity of my psoriasis! That’s not to say it’s not given me some problems though.. last year I spent 3 weeks on a ventilator due to pneumonia.. my kids were told I was unlikely going to survive and now I’m terrified of mixing with anyone who so much as s cold haha. Anyway, dreading the impending flare up but looking forward to the new drug working. Also looking forward to catching up with people who get what ‘it’’ Is like to live with 🌸🌺🌸🌺

To take part, sign in or register with us