UVB home phototherapy

Posted Sun 23 Dec 2018 17.14 by Justinealexx

Hello. New to this site and looking to help a stricken family member with a first and severe outbreak of guttate psoriasis. 'Urgent' dermatology referral has resulted in a first appointment only available on 18th February. So I am considering the purchase of a compact home phototherapy unit. I wish I could afford a cabinet! Has anyone bought from any of the UK suppliers and can offer testimonials? At the moment I'm favouring http://www.uvblampsuk.com Thank you.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 2018 14.24 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi I bought a lamp from MBS they phoned an hour before delivery & set it up for me. When it wouldn’t work after a few months it was because of a wire I had used it with the unit turned upside down which is easy to do as it pivots so they came all the way to Cornwall to fix it as it had 1 year guarantee. It’s working fine. I used it starting at 30 seconds 3 times a week. Keep face & eyes covere. Then gradually increased by 10 seconds each week until I got to four minutes. Always moisture afterwards. Best thing ever. But I’m doing the blueberry thing & 20 a day for 2 months has cleared my body so just use machine on legs which are stubborn area to treat only in spring summer so as not to overdose on uvb.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 2018 09.56 by Justinealexx

Thank you Andrea. Lamp is on order though from UVB Lamps UK as the features and cost best matched our needs. The tip about moisturising after use is much appreciated. And blueberry 'therapy' has also been started! Happy, healthy new year to you.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 2018 15.10 by Jem

What is blueberry therapy?

Posted Sat 29 Dec 2018 16.12 by Justinealexx

To take part, sign in or register with us