Erythrodermic psoriasis please help

Posted Sat 29 Dec 2018 09.38 by uuuuu46

Dear all, I am a 67 yr old male suffering from erythrodermic psoriasis since 2 yrs. I have tried the following: 1) methotrexate 2) cyclosporine 3) acrotac 4) aplex30 5) scafo sekunimubab 5 injections All the above gave no releif. I have tried olive oil, moisturizers daily. I have skin infection with high fever and had to be admitted in hospital two times for 2 weeks each. Currently there is scaling and two wounds in the legs that don't heal. Dermatologist is recommending infliximab Please guide me friends if I should go for it. I am very tired.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 2018 04.48 by uuuuu46

Dear Wendy, I really appreciate your help. To answer your questions, I don't have diabetes, any other auto immune disease apart from erythrodermic psoriasis. My weight is 55kg and I can walk and eat. The issue is 90% of body has psoriasis and most treatments have shown no positive results. Even scafo a biologic flared up my situation. So my dermatologist is now recommending infliximab. Do you think it is worth taking the risk.? What autoimmune disease do you have? Can you please elaborate on FODMAP diet. I would like to follow it to see if I can have any control on my disease. Thank you very much. Uuuuu46

Posted Mon 31 Dec 2018 15.23 by uuuuu46

Dear Wendy, thank you for the detailed reply. I really thank you for the information and feel you have so much positivity. I will try the fodmap diet,however still in two minds for infliximab, because of the risks involved. Happy new year. Thanks, uuuuu46

To take part, sign in or register with us