You have probably heard this before.....

Posted Sun 30 Dec 2018 19.34 by Matty79

I am currently at my wits end (like most) with Psoriasis on my legs and now in my groin area. I am a keen cyclist who has spent the majority of my life, 37 years on a bike and this is one thing that has kept me happy but the pain in my groin is horrendous after a ride with a massive flare up. The cold weather does also not help on the legs ending up with red patches all over. I have had Psoriasis for roughly 10 years now on my knees and elbows but patches are flaring up on my legs and big time in my groin, and it’s really getting me down, one thing I enjoy, cycling and it is now effecting that. I have had steroid cream, and tried loads of other creams. I have also started on the blueberry diet, 20 a day to see if that helps, I would give anything and pay anything to get my life back. My girlfriend has brought me some cream you put in the bath which helps but does not get rid of it. I have previously had light treatment, with good results but never had it in the groin like this before. I don’t smoke, don’t drink (only on special occasions) and eat healthy, physically fit and train regularly, it feels I am being punished. Can anyone please help, point me in the right direction. Any cyclist out there that suffer the same? I am totally fed up with it all😢

Posted Sun 30 Dec 2018 22.19 by Demelzac123

Have you tried an general exclusion diet? I was apprehensive but gave up diary, wheat, sugar and grains and my plaques started to disappear within a couple of weeks, it felt like a bit of a miricle! I’ve now worked out that flour, processed sugar and pineapple are massive triggers for me and I’ve managed to keep my psoriasis plaques in check for 2 years. I hope you find something that works, I know how awful it is.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 2018 22.35 by Natalie-Maria - 37 from Leeds
I'm 30 something year old that has suffered from psoriasis since the age of 12 but recently found something that works!

I'm 31 and hado psoriasis since I was 11 and out of all the creams the only thing that has helped is a foam called ENSTILAR. even UV treatment didn't help as it started to come back before treatment ended. Use it for 4 weeks (not a long time) and I am 90% clear. I even wore a swming costume on holiday, something I haven't done in 8 years and I use diprobase moisturiser. I dropped 3 stone a few years ago and it didn't help me either. Dairy is meant to make it worse so I cut that in half. Hope this helps a little

Posted Sun 30 Dec 2018 22.52 by Matty79

Dem123 - I have heard alot about diets but I need to work it out, I'm crap at stuff like that lol. I think that's why I train because I eat anything! I will deffo look into it. I am really interested in the light sessions as it has worked before for me through the NHS, I am so tempting to buy a better skin bed. So many good reviews on here. Nat - I will look into that Enstilar, sounds really good. Matt

Posted Thu 3 Jan 2019 11.39 by Jeannette50

Check out the Blueberry post on this site (has over 400 comments) - many folks using with high success rate. Seems that while medications work while they are used once stopped P often returns and is worse than before. I have always been against steroid use of any kind but I understand people often feel so desperate.

To take part, sign in or register with us