Cycling + light therapy...

Posted Tue 1 Jan 2019 21.26 by Matty79

Firstly happy new year! I am new to this site but not new to Psoriasis, it’s been with me for about 11 years. I have P on my elbows, Knews, ass, groin area, shins and small patches in certain areas which are becoming increasingly annoying. Cycling - do any of you cycle and suffer from P in the groin area? Do you wear any other clothing part from Lycra? I have worn Lycra a lot of my life cycling but it is now becoming a problem as my groin/genital areas are suffering resulting in me coming off the bike. I don’t want to stop cycling as it’s my only relief but in the cold months it is a real issue with flare up all the time, down there also on my legs. UVB light treatment - I am REALLY interested in this and if I have to buy a unit so be it to get rid of P. I have had light treatment before in Germany and the UK and had some good results so really considering going for it. I would cut of my arm to get rid of it so £1300 is not a lot to ask for happiness. We are an active family and I love going out with my children but wearing shorts has become embarrassing also the itching is very annoying. Can any recommend light treatment units? I have read a lot from MBS etc. Would it be worth hiring one at first to see how it goes, thoughts? I live near Oxford so any direction would be great. Bottom line - I am at my wits end, like all of us and it is really effecting my life in general, and work. Please, Please, please all advice, or experience with cycling and P or the light treatment would be absolutely grateful. 2019 is a year I switch this off.......for good! Matt

Posted Wed 2 Jan 2019 08.30 by Matty79

Wendy, Firstly many thanks, a very interesting and helpful reply. I currently looking at the cotton clothing issue as I also believe this is a big issue. I don't think I can get away with wearing stockings whilst cycling, I might be arrested! I am very keen in the diet information, I am a healthy eater (like to think so anyway!) So always up for new avenues. I am looking into the dairy free at the moment with the help from my partner. UVB is the best option I think, I have tried all creams, lotions etc. Once again, thank you. Matt

To take part, sign in or register with us