Sunbeds for psoriasis

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 13.12 by Stevie
Alright there! I'm Steve I'm 36 and have suffered with psoriasis since I was 18.

Hi there... I have been using acitretin for 8 weeks now and really don't want to any more.. Im thinking about going on the sunbeds again but am just trying to find out peoples views... I've had every form of psoriasis from little to server.. Thanks.

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 16.55 by Salty Backpack

Hi Stevie, I was on acitretin for roughly 3.5 months, it got worse over the first month and then just didnt improve, i gained P where i never had before which was worrying. Im happy to say i made some drastic diet changes about 2 months ago and my P has greatly improved, i stopped taking acitretin about 3 weeks go and my P is still improving. Sunbeds i try and stay away from as they may cause issues later down the line however i do have a UVB unit which i use once a week to compliment my diet. Hope some of that helps.

Posted Wed 9 Jan 2019 21.03 by Shaun

Acitretin didn’t work for me. But ciclosporin did totally clear after 3 weeks

Posted Mon 25 Jan 2021 19.59 by Obzy1984

Hi, I’m new to this account, been suffering from this condition off and on for a very long time. Due to Covid it’s had to get to see my dermatologist! I found sunbeds helped so much but yet again Covid and all shops being closed do not help! Creams etc simply do not work anymore. I wonder if anyone knew ov anywhere I could purchase a sunbed to rent or hire please! I’ve got my top Uk modelling show in September and need desperately to clear my skin . Thank you

Posted Sat 6 Feb 2021 02.10 by Mimon

Hi, I used to go to sunbeds regularly when I couldn't be bothered getting the UV treatment in the hospital. It worked the same for me, but I had to be careful to choose high-quality salons with predictable lamp's strength and not overdo it. Also, remember to use dedicated tanning moisturizers. Start with few minutes sessions and increase the time if needed. Always ask for a bed that has been used that day, so the lamps are hot already and you don't waste your money.

To take part, sign in or register with us