Running out of options

Posted Sun 13 Jan 2019 22.32 by chelsey96

I’ve had severe psoriasis since I was 15, I’m now 22. I have been in and out of hospital for 7 years, tried so many different creams and ointments, they used to work but now my body seems to be immune to it, and nothing seems to be helping my psoriasis! I have gutate, plaque and scalp. I’ve tried ciclosporin, methotrexate, hemp oil and light treatment, but I can’t get my psoriasis under control and it’s inpacting on my day to day life. I have been unable to work for 7 months due to the pain and discomfort and now it’s all getting too much. Any advice would be massively appreciated Ps, sorry about the long post

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 00.36 by Jeannette50

Have you seen the blueberry post on here chelsey96? Your situation seems severe but I think others who have tried this have also had severe P. Turmeric is also discussed on here. I am using both though I only have mild to moderate scalp psoriasis which I am working on. I have had a number of skin issues over the last year including eczema which was pretty bad on my arms and found that organic oatmeal in the bath worked really well for me. You can put in in a stocking (hang from the hot tap) and let the water run through. You can also then squeeze the stocking for a thick lotion.

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 09.20 by chelsey96

jeanette50 thank you so much for replying, I will definitely give the organic oatmeal a try!

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2019 15.08 by Salty Backpack

get yourself on an elimination diet. As hard as it is i would say get on a diet purely of fish, white meat and vegetable. Cut out bread, sugars and the nightshades. (tomato & potato)

Posted Fri 18 Jan 2019 14.28 by Elaine1

Hiya! I have had psoriasis for forty years. I have tried almost every lotion & cream. Coal tar, puva and medications. I started the Humira injections eight years ago and have now been completely clear for just over seven years. It has been life changing!!! No more covering up or people staring. The injection is easy to do, one every fortnight and l have had no side effects. I can sometimes feel exhausted the second day after the injection but it only lasts a day. Worth a try!!!! Elaine ☺

Posted Sat 19 Jan 2019 00.25 by chelsey96

Thank you soooo much! Will definitely be asking about this st my next appointment xx

To take part, sign in or register with us