My Psoriasis journey

Posted Mon 28 Jan 2019 04.22 by leemr (edited Mon 28 Jan 2019 04.29 by leemr)

Hi All, I’ve been a member for a couple of years , I’m 58 had the big P only for about 4 and a half years. (never had it before) It started as a red spot on my shin, which slowly spread as plaques to cover most of my legs , None of the usual ointments and creams had any effect and slowly overtook my whole body about 90% of all my skin) so after a referral to my local hospitals derm dept, UVB for 3 months cleared it, plus a nice tan. Anyway 12 months later it came back,..so another UVB session with tablets..which made me sensitive to UVB, as a result I could only take half the UVB session before I burnt, (plus I spent £1495 on a nine tube phillips tubed canopy that I can’t use anymore) The P went away..but only for 4 months !!,and came back with a vengeance (Erythradermic) Hospitalising me for a week Then the usual treatments, Dovobet, Acetretin, Ciclosporin, Fumaderm, you name it I had it, Methotrexate did the trick for about 18 months, but started to affect my liver and had to stop it.

To take part, sign in or register with us