Manuka Honey

Posted Tue 29 Jan 2019 08.39 by Dane

Hi, I am new here. Have suffered with the dreaded P for 40 years and like others have tried all kinds of treatments. The sun is the only one that helps(good excuse for a holiday). Anyway I have started using Manuka Honey over the last 3 days and I can already notice a difference. Its not pleasant putting it on my hairy legs as it mats and is very sticky until I wash it off. I have also bought some Vitamin D tablets and some Curcurmin tablets and after reading the post about blueberries I have bought some today. I am attacking this horrible disease on all fronts. Has anyone else used manuka honey ?

Posted Tue 10 Mar 2020 12.56 by Lynne

I started taking a teaspoon per day of manuka honey multifloral 70 mgo which I got from Holland and Barrett. I was taking it for a totally unrelated health problem and I’m not sure if it was coincidence or not but my psoriasis has cleared up! Also when I took my dog who had a sore wound to the vets they applied a dressing with manuka honey on and his skin healed really well. Amazing.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 2020 09.06 by Simoncp

My wife brought me a small amount of Exeskin cream from a colleague at her work. It's a mixture of honey and tea tree oils. I've only been using it for a couple of days and it's really calmed the patch i get on my shin which drives me mad with itching and thick flaky skin... my expectations are low as I've tried so many creams and steroids over the years but this really has shown a huge improvement in only 2 days. It's quite expensive but their statement of a little goes a long way is very true. I'll put a post up after a week if it carries on improving. It's also stopped the itching!

Posted Wed 19 Aug 2020 01.58 by Adu

Hi lynne What brand of manuka honey did you use and when you take it in a day

Posted Wed 19 Aug 2020 20.29 by Lynne

Hi I get mine from Holland and Barrett. It is quite expensive so I get it when it’s on offer and get two for the price of one. It’s ManukaPharm, 70MGO, multifloral I took a picture of the jar and was going to post it on here but unfortunately I can’t do that. It’s in a very dark brown almost black plastic jar. I take one good teaspoonful in a morning . Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 2020 20.27 by mariec5

Hi! This is so good to hear! How long do you apply manuka honey on the affected area? I started applying mine on my heels but I am unsure of how long I should leave it there...

To take part, sign in or register with us